13

Nami arrives at the scene, witnessing how the boys knocked Megumi off and how she dealt with them. She was furious, not on the woman, but at the boys. She didn't mind the harshness Megumi portrayed to stop the two. She would've done the same if it was her, though she'll just hit the two on their heads.

But upon seeing Luffy and Zoro lying on the ground completely still and their eyes staring at nothing, and Megumi shaken at the side, taking deep breaths to calm herself down, she's starting to have her doubts and worry pitted in her stomach.

"Oi! Luffy! Zoro!" She nudges the two with her foot. None of them moved even when she kicked them. She creases her brows, starting to get concerned for the two idiots.

She turns to the hyperventilating Megumi at the side, approaching her cautiously as the woman seems to be nearing the verge of having a panic attack.

"Meg." She calls, her voice gentle. Seeing the woman respond with a glance, she was relieved.

"Calm down." She slowly reaches her back, hesitant to pat her at first. "It's alright. Just breathe." She draws circles around her back as she whispers soothing words in her ears.

Megumi's breathing evened shortly but she was still shaken. Although the raven-haired woman did her best to hide her guilt, Nami sensed it.

"What happened to the boys, Meg." She asks, her voice serene. She holds the woman before her in both arms, making her look into her brown eyes. "What did you do to them?"

Megumi bites her lips and averts her gaze. She tore the navigator's hand away and took a step back, glaring at the side and clenching her jaw.

"I stopped them." Megumi replies, her voice tight. She lets out a shaky breath right after. "Almost killing them at the process." She whispers, making Nami unable to comprehend her full sentence.

The navigator merely nodded. Her gaze fell on their unconscious crewmates on the ground. "Will they wake up-"

Right on cue, the two stirred and light returned in their eyes. Both sat up, rubbing their foreheads while groaning and complaining about the headache. It was interesting how their actions mirrored each other. Even when the two looked around their surroundings and the timing of their blink was the same as the other. It was sort of creepy.

Nami glances at the kunoichi, her eyes questioning her for what's going on with the two. Megumi gave her the same look, also confused at the situation.

Good thing their mirroring actions were mere coincidences. Megumi wouldn't be able to live it down if it were permanent. Although she has no idea how it happened, she'll blame herself for it and carry the guilt the entirety of her life.

"What the heck were you guys doing?!" Nami shrieked as she bonked the two upside the head. The boys were again on the ground, writhing at the pain inflicted on them by their navigator. Megumi flinched, grateful she was not at the receiving end of those punches.

"It's a good thing you managed to keep the girl safe!" She has her hands on her hips as she walks over. "You almost let a billion berries get away from us!" She grabs the two by the collar and lifted them up. The arm strength the navigator has shocked the kunoichi. Who knew she has that strength in that skinny arms of hers?

"Understand?"

"What are you talking about?" The blue-haired princess asks. "Why did you save me?"

The Uchiha can't help but sigh as the two boys still manages to continue their fight, punching and kicking each other despite being in their weakened state. Not to mention, in the grasp of the terrifying redhead.