0

The kunoichi's eye widens as the kunai in Itachi's hand was lodged in her stomach. She jumped back, pressing her palm on the wound. Her hand glowed green, using medical ninjutsu to stop the bleeding.

"Still desperate to live, I see." The raven haired Akatsuki member scoffs as he again activates his sharingan, his onyx eyes glowing red.

The kunoichi raises her head and smiles at him. Her eyes showing no malice despite him injuring her and killing her entire team.

"Itachi, let's go home." The woman says calmly, her voice filled with warmth, like a mother coaxing a child.

"I have no home." Itachi answers, raising the same kunai he used to stab her earlier. "I am a rouge ninja remember?"

He then lunges at her, swinging the kunai in attempt to slash her neck. He has to finish the fight quickly. The leader awaits he and his partner's return.

The kunoichi is quick to dodge despite her injuries. She took out a kunai from her holster and threw it at him, but he deflected it with a flick. She threw a set of shuriken to which he effortlessly dodged. With his sharingan activated, nothing can hit him.

"Use it." He urged, getting frustrated by her simple attacks. "Use your sharingan, Megumi!" He yells as he grabs her neck, squeezing, his nails digging in her skin.

Her onyx eyes stares at him in refusal. Agitated, Itachi slashed her across the chest before letting go of her and kicking her in the chest, hard.

She flew back a good distance, Itachi's eyes slightly widening as she falls down the cliff. He ran to catch her but stops at the ledge, only able to watch his little sister get swallowed by the raging waves of the sea below.

~*~

A couple bringing home a wounded woman elicited gossips within the village. Apparently, the couple were fishing at the banks when they found the heavily wounded woman wash upon the shore. Out of good will, the couple took the stranger to their home for treatment, but their actions were frowned upon by some of the other villagers.

They are in the midst of the pirate era. Who knows if the wounded stranger is a pirate? They will be in trouble for helping a criminal. They fear the Marine will arrest them, maybe even initiating buster call on their small island.

The unknown woman was only accepted a week after she regained her consciousness. She was relatively helpful to them, having an array of knowledge in multiple areas especially in medicine. Although she insists she is not a doctor, her knowledge surpasses all the doctors in the whole island.

"Uchiha Megumi." She introduced herself to them during the small welcoming celebration they threw for her. Although it's been a month since she has started interacting with them, she never once mentioned her name despite them asking her multiple times.

The villagers smiled as some of them complimented how beautiful her name is.

Megumi. Meaning: blessing.

A beautiful name indeed.

But she doesn't deserve such a name.

A woman who's been living in hell can't be a blessing.

She'll only be a curse.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I am in a goofy mood :P Hehe XD

So, here are the behind the scenes of the chapter.

Yes, I unpublished then published again. Then rewrote a few parts and edited it.

I know I suck. Kill me.

~Silver

-

--

---

--

-

Director: Scene 3 take 1. ACTION!

Itachi kicks Meg off the cliff.

The female star dramatically falls. It was almost perfect, but her harness had a problem. The rope snagged.

Megumi: Oof--!

She stopped falling midway and is hanging.

Director: CUT! Check the machine. There's a mishap. *Turns to the actress* Meg, hold on! We're going to get you down!

Itachi: *cackling as he watch his co-star dangle* Meg, how's it hanging?

Megumi: bleep! you, Itachi! *rope sways and she hits her head on a rock*

Itachi continues to laughs. HIs laugh slowly dies down when he realized Meg is no longer cussing him out.

Itachi: Meg?

He leans down the ledge to get a better look at her.

Meg is not moving.

He starts to get concerned.

Itachi: *about to cry* Don't die yet! We're still at the prologue, you idiot!