5

The sea breeze welcomed Megumi, caressing her skin and messing her hair. Tucking a strand behind her ear, she strode to the front deck, Usopp falling a few steps behind to give the furious girl some space.

He watched her took deep breaths, inhaling the salty air into her lungs and then releasing it.

Calm and collected as Megumi may be, she's a human capable of emotions such as anger. Although she doesn't express it outwardly like anybody else does, she's also never aggressive unlike her occupations. She'd maintain her calmness and is the type to walk away. Instead of lashing out, she's more likely to shut herself in a room. Instead of screaming in anger, she holds her tongue, preventing herself from saying anything that she'll possibly regret. Her self-control is one of the things Usopp admires about her. If it were him, he would've screamed or hit them, but she's the opposite. Despite being capable of destruction, she keeps it to herself destroying her deep inside. Usopp worries abut that.

Finally regaining her calm, Megumi found herself rereading the three scrolls she wrote. She wrote them with haste, wanting to get out of that room as soon as possible. Being the perfectionist she is, a slight mistake in her grammar and spelling would severely wound her pride. Growing up with people expecting you to pick up something at a glance and perform perfectly the first try, her standards are messed up. A small splotch of ink was enough for her to receive an hour long scolding, what more of a wrong spelling and grammar?

Satisfied and relieved she made no mistakes, she rolled up the scrolls. After casting jutsus for precautions, they are ready to be sent to who they are addressed to.

Usopp watched with interest as his friend raised her arm up toward the sky. A loud high-pitched whistle was heard after.

The rest of the crew joined the two at the deck, weapons, fists, and foot at the ready. When they heard the sound, they immediately assumed there was an enemy. Courtesy of Zoro spouting nonsense. Three of the four sighed in relief when no enemy was in sight, apart from Zoro, of course. His dark brown eyes laid on the woman standing at the front deck, her left hand stretched out to her side.

'I knew it! This woman cannot be trusted.' He thought as he dangerously narrows his eyes. Hand at the hilt of his sword, he stalked forward, toward the woman's unsuspecting back.

A screech caused them all to halt and look up the cloudless blue sky. A figure of a large bird hovers the horizon, circling over their ship before dropping down in a steep, swift drive towards them- to Megumi to be exact.

"Megumi, get away!" Usopp yells at the kunoichi in total concern.

He moves to get to her but his legs refused to move. They're shaking so badly, his knees were clacking together. The trembling spread to his whole body as his dark skin paled to a dangerously shade of white as the bird, which he recognized as a falcon with his sharp eyes, dropped closer to his friend. He could only kneel down and cover his head with his hands as he shed his tears.

Zoro's slow steps turned to a run. Though he doesn't like the woman, she's still a part of their crew. Luffy considers her a nakama. And being the second closest person to her, it was unspoken that it was up to him to save her since their sniper cowered. He unsheathed his sword, swinging it to cut the incoming pest of a bird.

CLANG!

A kunai clashed against his sword, sparks flying at the metals contact. He didn't have to guess. Only one person has that type of weapon.

"Megumi." He growled. He was trying to save her from an animal attack. What the hell is she doing? His eyes caught sight of a bunch of feathers on her left arm.

"Pere meant no harm." Megumi's tranquil voice reached their ears. Everyone apart from the man infront of her were relieved hearing that.

An intimidating black falcon's perched on the raven-haired woman's arm. It sat there gloriously like the proud creature it is. It ruffled it feathers and let out a squawk which seemed like a greeting to Luffy. The falcon's black eyes caught sight of a person who posed danger to his owner. He let out an ear-piercing screech and stretched out its wings, informing the human his intent to fight him if he harms his master.