12

'A town that welcomes pirates? Yeah right. Like they would believe that.'

Megumi snickers. However, her smirk dropped as she witness her companions, primarily Luffy and Usopp, bask in the attention of the townsfolks.

Megumi's uncertain what to feel about this. She doesn't feel well about this town. But, they had to wait for the log of the island to be stored. She merely kept her opinions to herself, wanting for the folks to show their intentions themselves rather than for her to reveal it. She'd rather not exert much energy since she hasn't fully recovered yet despite her continuous treatment. The crew was upset and worried on how long her recovery takes. Megumi argued it was because unlike her, they are monsters. A normal human doesn't heal wounds in less than a day!

Megumi stuck to Nami and Zoro during the 'party' the town threw for them.

She sat on the L-shaped sofa right next to Nami. The three of them given by the Mayor a drink which he says to be made of prime grapes and claimed it doesn't contain alcohol. Megumi took a sip out of curiosity, her eyes lighting up by the flavor.

"I must admit, these are good." Megumi takes another sip before setting the mug on the table. She turned to the weird mayor. "Would you mind if I take a barrel? State the price, I'll purchase it."

"We had a great harvest of grape this year. I shall give you one as a gift, no need for you to pay." He raises both his hands. "Now, to celebrate the harvest, we'll have our usual toast competition!"

Megumi froze for a second before pretending to take another sip of the beverage. She have a hunch on what they're aiming, but she'll remain silent and observe at the moment.

She watched as the woman beside her got convinced to join the drinking competition with the prize money. She had planned to drink in silence but Nami coerced her to joining too, despite Zoro rejecting the idea, saying she's still a patient.

Megumi joined to stop the two from arguing. The swordsman was not happy about her decision, saying she'll be out in a few cups.

Oh, how wrong he is.

Her mentor is one of the heaviest drinker in their village. She would put her teacher's name to shame if she's a lightweight.

She downed 18 cups of wine, winning the competition. Nami will be mad for her winning the 100,000 prize money, but she's planning of sharing it with the crew, to use it as funds for their voyage. Nami surely won't be mad about that.

Halfway through her 19th cup, she decided she was done. Dropping the cup on the floor, she cozied herself on the sofa, no longer caring if she's surrounded by the people she suspects.

-

The mayor and the two goons the straw hats encountered at the twins cape stood outside the building, conversing about the crew's state. Later they were joined by the dark-skinned nun that Nami competed with, the lady taking off the clothing and revealing her bulky body hiding underneath those clothes.

"Was it necessary to put on an elaborate act just for six weak-looking brats?" She asks. "We should've beat them at the harbor. This town is already short on food." She eyed the two, Mr. 9 and Miss Wednesday. "Also, we didn't have our hopes up for the whale meat anyway." That riled up the red-haired man.

"Calm down." The 'Mayor' which was also Mr. 8 stopped the two from arguing. "Look at this. I've checked them out beforehand."

He showed them two wanted posters. Both contained the image of the raven-haired members of the pirate crew. One of which has the photo of the boy with the straw hat and the other is the dark-haired girl in a black kimono.