21

Among the Straw Hats, the earliest to wake up is Sanji; but that was before Megumi joined. The woman had taken up all the night look out schedules no matter how much they all insisted they take turns. Apart from the time in Twin Capes, none of them had seen the woman sleep, not even a wink. So, when Sanji saw the raven-haired kunoichi at the kitchen first thing in the morning, he was no longer surprised.

"Good morning, Meg-san." The blonde greets, the lady turning to give him a small smile as greeting. Sanji had to contain himself to not have another bloody nose infront of her; though his face flushed, the redness spreading across his neck.

Like the usual, Megumi's making tea. The scent of chamomile wafted in the air, reaching Sanji's nose.

"It smells good, doesn't it?" Megumi chuckles as she witnessed him close his eyes and inhale the scent.

Sanji smiles and nods. "It's the most fragrant tea I have smelled so far." He compliments, not a single word spoken was a lie.

Meg pours him a cup. "I hope it is as good as it smells." She chuckles, gesturing him to have some.

Without reluctance, Sanji took a sip. His tongue exploded with its mellow taste, causing him to hum in satisfaction.

"You have to teach me your ways, Meg-san." He tells her, taking another sip of the warm liquid. "This is the best tea I've ever had." He finishes his cup and she pours him another one.

"Of course." Meg is quick to agree. "I learned the art for years." She spares him a glance before taking a sip. "It'll require a lot of patience and also some talent. I am absolutely certain that you'll be able to learn quickly, considering you're a sous chef. You likely knew the basics already and is familiar of the multiple methods and procedures of brewing."

Sanji nods, finishing another cup. "I'm also knowledgeable of the herbs and tea leaves. I promise to not give you a hard time." He was eager to learn from her.

Meg gave a curt nod. "I'll expect a lot from you, Sanji-kun."

Good thing the cook isn't drinking when she said those words or he would've choked. Out of happiness, the man was grinning ear to ear. He managed to secure some of Meg's time. In the span of those few hours, the gorgeous maiden will be with him alone.

But the grin was quickly wiped off his lips when the lanky man-child entered the room and pouncing on Meg. He sneers as the rubberman wraps his arms around the kunoichi's torso, clinging on her as he rubs their cheeks together.

He clicks his tongue. How disgraceful.

But Sanji is so jealous!

He wish he is just as brave as Luffy to be able to be intimate with Meg and casually hug her like that without getting hit.

"Me~g!" Luffy yells the woman's name several times, giggling as he clung to her.

Megumi huffed at his antics. Although she wasn't fond of skinship, she somehow can't reject the captain's hugs.

She turns his head to take a good look at his face. Luffy obviously just awoken, eye gunks stuck to the corner of his eyes, dried saliva from his lips to his chin, and his raven hair messy. Meg didn't mind he rubbed his face on hers when he hasn't washed yet. Taking wet wipes out of nowhere, she wipes his face; pinching his nose when she finished. She wiped her face right after with a different wipes, of course.

"Good morning, Meg!" Luffy greets before yawning, putting his head over shoulder.

Meg rolled her eyes, though her face indicating no sign of annoyance. Rather, both corner of her lips were lifted and her gaze on the rubberman is soft. She even fixed his hair, her fingers combing through the locks which bears the same color as hers.