6

The strawhats lounged at the deck, enjoying the cool sea breeze and the warmth of the sun. The weather is great, none of them wanting to waste it.

Megumi stood at the crow's nest, keeping an eye for an enemy ship, but her eyes caught sight of her messenger bird instead. It swooped to her outstretched arm, screeching as he perched on it. The scrolls tied to the falcon's feet and the papers on its beak informed Megumi why her bird is in a bad mood. She took them all, raising her arm and letting the bird fly off before she leapt down to the deck, landing on the rails. Pere followed her and flew down, perching on her shoulder right after.

"Megumi-san, that's a lot of paper." Nami commented, pointing to the stack of letters and scrolls on her hands.

"Yeah." The raven-haired woman absent-mindedly replied as she sorted them.

"Pere brought newspapers, anyone wanting to read it?" She asked loudly for the whole crew to hear. Only Nami raised her hand, everyone busy doing their own thing. "Okay then." She passed the navigator the paper and walked in the cabin, choosing to read there since the wind will certainly blow away the papers. That'll be a pain.

It appears the replies and reaction to her handing her position to her assistant, Rai, are both violent and accepting. All in all, the Order is in chaos. She sighs and rubbed her temples. Rai assured her that she'll handle it, however, she knew it'll be difficult. She has long expected that it'll happen once they caught wind of it, but she can't help but feel a little guilty for the trouble.

She also received replies from her letter to the Syrup village. Everyone was relieved to finally hear news from her. Kaya mentioned about the attack on the village wherein Luffy, Usopp, and Nami, saved them.

She already heard the story from Usopp. To say she's angry is an understatement. She was seething. She had long suspected Klahadore (that wretched bastard), but she had no evidence. She kept an eye on him during the whole treatment of Kaya but he showed no suspicious actions, so she let it go. But to learn he's been poisoning the poor girl... Kami knows she'll be paying the man a visit and probably send him to hell. Just he wait.

Megumi's at the midst of writing a reply when the pained yells of Usopp reached her ears. In a flash, she's out the door, peering down the deck to see what's going on.

It happens the tabasco star the sniper is working on got into his eye. The sharpshooter ran towards her, making a fuss on how Luffy unintentionally harmed him.

"Hn." Was her cold reply before returning in the cabin.

That earned a stink eye from the napping Zoro. However, the kunoichi returned with a wet towel, which she threw on the whining teen's face.

The weight of a wet towel shouldn't be underestimated. It smacked the curly-haired teen on the face and he reeled backwards, falling onto his back. Megumi flinched, not expecting him to fall over. Oops!

She went to check on him, taking the towel off his face, cringing as the sniper's reddened eyes stared back at her.

A flyer fell out of the newspaper and unto the deck. Its content, caused the sniper's eyes to almost bug out of its sockets. Everyone was just as startled.

-

Their captain was overjoyed by his wanted poster, showing it to them with a wide smile and proud face. "We're now wanted criminals!" He laughs.

"Dead or alive. 30 million berries?!" Usopp reads. Their captain can never be more happier.

Usopp then points out his picture behind the captain, photobombing it with his backside. Sanji was jealous and sulked at the corner. However, a few encouragements from the sniper cheered him up and later the two are side by side, hopping and dancing.