Arrival of Baby S

Comment and vote please and thanks :) Btw this is a long chapter

Adeola//Addy P.O.V
Location- Charlotte, NC
Time- 3:08 pm
April 9th

"How's Zo's knee?" I ask Tati as I sit down in front of her placing my açaí bowl in front of me.

She sighs, "Honestly, it was getting better at first but then there was a setback. Ever since that, he hasn't been telling me much about his progress so Ion know." She says shrugging.

"He probably doesn't want you to worry, it's gon stress you out," I say as I take a bite of the strawberry from the bowl.

"Him not telling me anything is making me more stressed. And plus it's my job to worry when it comes to his health and career you know," She stresses.

"Yeah I understand, I'll say just talk to him about it, you have a right to know how everything is going," I tell her and she nods her head.

"I really hope he gets better by next season if anything, cause it's always some type of injury that messes up his season, and I know he hates that," She frowns.

"Well, let's hope and pray for the best," I say now drinking my water.

"Momma, where you at?!" Xayah yells out.

"She can come find me, cause Ion know why she yellin'," I say making Tati chuckle.

"We in here Xee!" Tati yells back making me shake my head at her. Soon after, I hear Xayah's feet pattering on the floor. She appears from around the corner and makes her way toward me.

"Ma, can I have a puppy, please?" She asks doing the puppy eyes and pouting.

"Did you ask daddy?" I ask her in return taking another bite from the bowl.

"He said to ask you," She says.

"Well, for one your a little too young for one right now so I don't know," I say and she begins to pout. I honestly would have no problem getting a puppy for her but she's four, about to be five, and can barely take care of her dolls.

"But, if you can show that you can take care of things or even help take care of things then daddy and I will think about it," I try to reason with her.

"So if I help take care of Peanut then I ca' get one?" She asks tilting her head to the side.

"She gon try everything to get that puppy Addy," Tati says laughing and I laugh along with her.

"Dead serious, but let's just see how you handle your toys and everything else before you help with Peanut," I tell her and she nods her head. I continue to eat my açaí bowl and I look down to see Xee still standing there, staring at me.

"Xee, you watching mad face right now," Tati jokes making me laugh.

"Can I have some?" Xee asks pointing at the açaí bowl.

I roll my eyes playfully, "Can't have anything in this house," I say shaking my head but I still gave Xayah the remaining of my açaí bowl.

"Thank youu," She cheeses. She then goes to the other side of the island to sit next to Tati. Since she was struggling to get on the stool, Tati ends up helping her up.

"Milan, yo daughter's up," Melo says walking in with Leilani on his shoulders clapping and laughing.

"Nigga, get my baby off yo shoulders, excuse my language," She says getting up and walking over to him. He leans down a little and Tati lifts Lani up and puts her on her hip. Melo then walks over to Xee, giving her a kiss on the cheek before taking her spoon and taking a bite of the açaí.