Farewell

Adeola//Addy P.O.V
Location- Orphanage
Time- 2:17 pm

"If you're taking her out, please bring her back by five, five-thirty the latest," The caretaker stated.

"No problem thank you," I say following her. Today I decided to come to the orphanage to take Xayah out. I wanted some one-on-one time with her. As we walked up to her, I saw her with a group of other kids playing around.

"Xayah, you have someone here to see you!" She says and Xayah looks up and she lights up. She drops her toys and runs over to me hugging my legs.

I smile from ear to ear, "Hey munchkin," I greet picking her up and hugging her.

"Hi, Addy!" She exclaims holding me tighter.

"You ready to go?" I ask putting her back on the ground.

She nods her head frantically, "Yup!" She says, I reach my hand down for her to grab and she does.

"Is MelMel coming with us?" She asks looking up at us as we leave the orphanage walking to the car.

"Nah, it's just me and you today," I say and she nods her head. I open the car door and place her in the seat. I put on her seatbelt and walk to the drivers' side of the car.

"Where are we going?" Xayah asks as I put on my seatbelt and start the car.

"We can go anywhere, just tell me where," I tell her.

"Umm... the zoo!" She spoke excitedly.

"Alright, I guess we're going to the zoo then," I say.
-
Time- 4:20 pm
Location- Chick-fil-a

"You had fun today Xee?" I ask as she dips her chicken nuggets in barbeque sauce.

"Mhmm," She hums and I shake my head. She enjoying that food way too much right now.

"What was your favorite animal?" I ask while taking a bite out of my spicy chicken sandwich.

"The elephant, and the giraffe, and the cheetah," She says while dancing around in her seat. At the gift shop, I ended up getting her all of the plushes of her favorite animals. It was so cute how excited she was.

"Addy, can I ask something?" She asks.

"Of course," I say while taking a napkin. I reach over to wipe the corners of her mouth before she speaks.

"Are you and MelMel going to adopt me?" She asks and I looked at her kind of shocked. I didn't expect her to ask that question at all.

"I can't give you a definite answer to the Xee. I have to talk with Melo." I say, which I really haven't spoken to Melo other than when to came to Peanut.

She frowns, "I don't wanna stay there anymore. I like being with you and MelMel," She says, tears brimming her eyes.

I frown too, "Don't cry honey, we'll still come and see you regardless," I say, motioning for her to come over to me. I pick her up sitting her on my lap.

I wipe her eyes, "C'mon lemme see that beautiful smile," I say tickling her.

She starts smiling, "Can we get some ice cream, please?" She asks.

"Only after you finish eating your food," I say and she nods her head, and gets off my lap, going back to her seat.
-
LaMelo//Melo P.O.V
Time- 6:30
Location- Ball Estate

"Melo, where's Addy?" Zo asked me while we were chilling in the living room.

I shrug my shoulders, "Ion know, but she said she was coming. I just don't know when," I say. Zo gives me a weird look.