129| Live For Me

My beloved was crawling across the floor, he was struggling as he did so

My beloved was crawling across the floor, he was struggling as he did so. His body was covered with dust and bits of the stone wall and splintered wood that was recently destroyed by the impact of the explosion.

He was breathing heavily for air and was whimpering quietly as he tried to reach for his wand.

"Remus!" I cried out in shock, and I ran instantly to his side.

His head instinctively looked up at me slowly, my heart lurched in horror as I saw a scratch on his bloody cheek and his face was partially covered with dark bruises. Both Sirius and Ana ran toward him to help him too.

With our help, he managed to get back on his feet. Remus opened his closed eyes slowly with a small groan of pain, the first thing that
he saw was me. Although his face was battered, he still looked the same. The same Remus.

I huffed in relief and brought my lips to him as I wrapped my arms around him so tightly like it would be the very last time I would do so.

"OI! There's a war going on here!" Sirius raised his voice and our lips broke apart at that moment.

"Um – right – sorry –" said Remus weakly, and he let me go right away, the both of us pink in the face.

When the three of them set afoot across the castle grounds, the castle had
deteriorated severely: the walls and ceiling were shaking; dust filled the air and bursts of green and red light so close to the foot of the castle.

It felt like we were all facing our end, gripping our wands tightly in our hands. Remus and I shot quick looks at each other, a hopeful look.

He smiled at me sadly, his eyes giving me a sense of comfort and love.

His hand reached for mine, and I glanced up at him for a moment; he just looked at me, with a hard look of determination and love despite the fear evident in his eyes.

"Together?" he asked, looking at me.
I smiled weakly, my hand in turn, held onto his, very tightly. A warm feeling of love flowed throughout me.
"Together," I confirmed, knowing that tonight, I wasn't alone. Because I had him.

Running together, with the couple in front of us as havoc still wrecked the castle, a feeling of
warmth flooded me. I felt like I could do anything, with the love of my life by my side.
Even during the darkest of times.

Long minutes of dodging and casting spells, and still, the seemingly endless battle didn't stop. More and more bodies were dropped dead or unconscious on the ground, and more screams were heard.

Then- Sirius' head jolted up in surprise and stared at something that only I seemed to have noticed... black curls, almost identical to his own. And he knew that it definitely wasn't Harry...