5| We Meet Again

It was a Thursday night, or should I say it was probably in the middle of the night

It was a Thursday night, or should I say it was probably in the middle of the night. And rain was gushing heavily outside, since the Dementors were still patrolling the Hogwarts grounds. It was a bit a chilly whenever we felt their near presence.

Nothing was really happening much at Hogwarts. The only latest news so far was that Sirius was spotted in towns near Hogwarts, which caused further worry in the school. I was further bullied lately by many students, suspecting that I was helping my brother enter the castle and I was his accomplice.

It was really bloody annoying, but I tried to ignore their taunts as much as possible.

A few hours ago, we just had a meeting — Quidditch, specifically. Of course, Ollie was usually explaining his expectations and new plans for this upcoming match. I understood his worries and frustation.

"Gryffindor hasn't won for seven years now."

I recalled what he had said in the meeting, it's been seven years since our house has won the Quidditch cup. So, I was motivated that I will do my best to make Gryffindor proud.

Aside from Quidditch, my other priority was N.E.W.T.S, it was really stressful. I spent many sleepless nights reviewing, sometimes not even sleeping at all. Monica said so many times before that I needed to stop my unhealthy routine, and that the circles under my eyes were already making me look like Sirius, which made me laugh out loud.

I checked my watch. Thirty minutes before two o'clock, but I didn't feel sleepy or tired at all. I was mindlessly wandering the dark corriders of Hogwarts. Many memories flashed through my mind. Such as pushing Monica in the fountain at the courtyard which I got detention for, and when Fred and George gave me threw snowballs at my head during winter in my third year.

Time was flying fast. I'll be graduating from Hogwarts soon. My home. I was a hundred percent sure that I will miss it terribly.

The cold breeze of the wind brushed against my exposed arms. I should have brought along my sweater, I thought to myself and I felt the goosebumps to rise. I was thinking about heading back to the common room, it was much warmer there, and I was longing to sit by the fireplace.

Suddenly, I felt my shivering left foot tripping over my right and fell. I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain of hitting the hard stone floor until a pair of rough and familiar hands clasped my waist and pulled me up. I was shivering when I smelled the familiar smell of old books and faint chocolate.

"Sorry, sorry I didn't mean —" I said, then paused. My eyes widened, and my jaw dropped as I saw the person who prevented me from falling. None other than Remus.

"Selene, it's half one in the morning what on earth are you wandering around the —" his soft whisper then stopped, his green eyes meeting mine as he heard me shiver.

"Are you drunk, Selene?" he asked me, his voice was quite serious.

"No, Re- I mean, sir. I was heading back to the common room. But, I'm not feeling tired at all, would that cause you to think less of me, eh?" I said.