25| Remus's 34th

Monica stared at me, she had no idea what to tell me, but her eyebrows furrowed with symphaty as she stroked my back

Monica stared at me, she had no idea what to tell me, but her eyebrows furrowed with symphaty as she stroked my back. I was lost in my thoughts, I felt like dreamland was already shattered into pieces.

What will I do now?

Remus's birthday plans were ruined.

The invitations that we worked on for almost two days were going to a waste. What will the invitees say? They'll surely be disappointed when they learned that there will be no party.

The celebration we've planned for a week went to waste.

I didn't know what to do.

What will Remus think now?

The party that we planned so hard for was ruined. Snape ruined it. No party. Remus will be totally heartbroken, I was the only person in the school (and in my year) that knew perfectly well that he did not like celebrating his birthday. And it was going to or more likely supposed to be the first proper birthday celebration he had in 12 years.

I wanted to make sure everything would be perfect.

But it was all ruined.

Those were all the thoughts that flooded my mind as we made our way to the Gryffindor common room.

I lay in my bed, staring absent mindedly at the ceiling. The dormitory and the whole common room was dead silent, everyone was fast asleep. The moon was glimmering very brightly, providing the beautiful Hogwarts grounds with enough light making sure that it wasn't too dark.

I had two days until March 10, two more days until Remus's birthday. Monica had told everyone that the party was to be cancelled and the reason behind this. As you could expect, they were very disappointed but not at us. They were disappointed at Snape.

With reluctance, they had to return their invitations back to us. And they felt extreme sympathy for Remus, since they also wanted to see his first milestone in 12 years.

Would a small party do? I thought to myself, I didn't know what to do. Yet a bubble of thoughts and ideas came into my head. My eyes widened. "I have an idea." I whispered to myself.

~oOo~

March 10

Thursday had dawned rather quickly than I expected. It was about 5:30 in the morning and the sun was beginning to rise. Everyone was still asleep, since the common room was still very quiet. I was the first of them to be awake.