122| Good To Have You Back

"It sounds complicated at first, but I really am telling the truth

"It sounds complicated at first, but I really am telling the truth."

I couldn't still process everything that had happened to me in the course of a day.

First, I was held captive at Malfoy Manor, left to be tortured and bleeding to death.

A house-elf Apparates to rescue me and bring me to the Hog's Head.

And now, I was inside a small room, surrounded by Aberforth Dumbledore and Charles... er, more like it wasn't really him.

"So... you are my brother but you're still Charles Dumbledore?" I asked, looking at him.

"A reincarantion, I'm sure you've heard that at least once before." he said quietly, nodding.

Yes, I was very familiar with the aspect of reincarnation. But I never knew it was true, until now.

"But- I thought when someone reincarnates, their physical appearance changes? You looked different before, until now." I was still puzzled and wanted to know more.

"You see, Mrs. Lupin," Aberforth began, I turned my head around. "Sometimes in reincarantion, people can still possess the same physical features they possessed during their past lives. And wizards and witches are no exceptions, there are cases like that of Charles' they change, but as I discovered, if a wizard remembers their past identity their former appearance can return."

"You still seem to want to know more." my brother noted, staring at my curious eyes.

I nodded my head quickly as he sat up more properly.

He took a deep breath. "Do you remember when you were pregnant? I took you to Wales at that time. And I said that I was born in 1979 –"

"The same year Reggie died." I said.

"Every detail of my muggle life that I told you before was true. From my time at the orphanage, the death of my sister and when Aberforth adopted me," he tucked a brown strand behind my ear and looked at me sincerely.

"It was about several months after he took me in, that I started seeing strange images in my head and dreams. Blurry ones. And for the strangest reasons, there were several things I knew that I didn't know before."

"What were those images and dreams?" I seemed lost in his story, knowing that every word was true.

"Me, dressed in a formal coat and tie and attending parties. Quidditch Matches at Hogwarts and being the Slytherin seeker. A dark room, with a long table, surrounded by dark wizards, Death Eaters and You-Know-Who –"

He shuddered at the mention of the name.

"Someone named Padfoot and being somewhat related to that person, and- and when I died in the cave," he paused for a while in silence before he continued his story.
"As I got older, they felt like they were more than strange things. And when You-Know-Who returned, the birthmark on my left forearm began to burn and form a strange shape. That was when I started gathering the pieces together."