71| Suspicions

The baking morning sun woke me from my sleep

The baking morning sun woke me from my sleep. I tried so hard to get back to sleep but the light shining through the gap of the satin curtains prevented me from doing so and casted a warm glow on my cheek which caused me to finally open my eyes.

Remus had obviously awoken before me, like he always did. I stretched out my hand and touched his wrinkled pillow.

I heard the sound of distinct chatter downstairs, I knew those voices belonged to Remus and Sirius. Although their voices were muffled, they seemed to be having a very serious discussion.

Much to my curiosity, I pushed the blanket aside and groggily stood from his too-comfortable bed and went down to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mistress Selene." I heard Kreacher say as I walked through the hallway.

This was honestly a rare thing Kreacher had ever done since Sirius and I arrived here, and it touched my heart in a sort of way I couldn't describe.

"Good morning to you as well." I breathed in complete disbelief.

I was getting closer to the staircase when the voices from the kitchen became more clear than in Remus's bedroom.

"But not, right now alright?" I heard Sirius chuckle. "We'll have to wait for a few more months, until we're all ready. Until she's ready."

"I understand." Remus murmured.

I pursed my lips in confusion, not sure what those two were talking about. What on earth could were they discussing? I thought to myself, my eyebrows creasing as I rested my ear against the door.

And without second thinking, I quickly opened the door.

"Ready for what?" I piped up, Remus and Sirius awkwardly broke away from their brotherly embrace. Mrs. Weasley was also there, she had the same expression as the two and looked at them with anxiety in her eyes.

"Nothing, love." Remus blurted out, wiping his nape and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

"I heard the two of you talking about something." I mumbled, cocking an eyebrow.

"Y-you did?" Sirius stammered, I nodded my head in response, looking at Remus and Mrs. Weasley in nervousness as well.

"Yes. Why is there something going on?"

"Nothing dearie, nothing." Mrs. Weasley chuckled nervously.

"A surprise for Ana!" Sirius exclaimed all of a sudden.

"Surprise?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Yes!" Sirius hollered, but then his voice broke into whispers. "But don't you dare tell her."