81| Christmas at Grimmauld Place

"Merry Christmas, Sirius

"Merry Christmas, Sirius." I muttered, bringing my mug of hot chocolate to my lips and took a long yet cautious gulp, licking the chocolate off my lips after a few seconds.

"Merry Christmas, pup." he said with a smile, wrapping his arm around me and his free hand holding the neck of the bottle of Firewhiskey idly before drinking it wholeheartedly.

Buckbeak, who was opposite us let out a squawk and Sirius raised the bottle half in the air.

"I'm afraid to say this is for big kids only, Buck." Sirius chuckled as Buckbeak let out one last exasperated squawk before leaving us alone which made the two of us laughed.

"Want some?" Sirius asked, offering his half-consumed drink to me. I shook my head in reply, raising my mug slightly.

"Won't you at least try just a sip, then Moony can at least say how good your lips taste." he teasingly said. I smacked his shoulder as he laughed.

"Could you please shut up?" I said, my words were slightly drowning in snickers.

I could spot Buckbeak's eyes flickering from Sirius to me, studying me silently with utmost curiosity as his claws stopped scratching the wooden floor. I slowly walked towards the hippogriff and bowed as his head slowly sank a few inches away from the floor before gazing ar me again.

I stroked his head gently and I saw his golden eyes gleaming in what I had suspected – affection.

"He likes you, Selene." Sirius commented with a soft, astounded laugh.

"Padfoot, have you seen –" came the husky yawn from the hallway. Remus had entered the room, deep circles under his eyes which were slightly squinting in weariness; the sandy brown curls of his hair was now messy, very much resembling that of Harry's, random strands sticking out where they weren't supposed to.

"There you are, I've been looking for you," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes. "Come back to bed."

"Uh-uh," I shook my head with a tiny grin. "It's already morning, why should I go to sleep?"

"For Merlin's sake, it's two o' clock in the morning," he groaned, his hand running through his hair. "Come ... back ... to ... bed."

Dammit, he was so adorable, how could I ever say no to him?

"Alright, you win, I'll be there in a minute," I sighed, Remus nodded groggily and slowly walked back to his– our bedroom. "Merry Christmas again, Sirius." I stood on the tip of my toes to give Sirius a quick peck on the cheek before walking out of Buckbeak's room.