69| Adjusting

"Stay safe, will you please?"

I buttoned up Remus's shabby grey cloak for him, I fastened it up into his neck and I heard him letting out my favorite laugh of his.

"Calm down darling, I've been through missions like this for the First Order years ago, I'm conpletely used to this and you don't have to worry about a single thing." he laughed softly, his hands touching my busy fingers as I continued to button up his cloak.

"Well, I'm not going to be seeing you for three days. And for three days, I'm going to be stuck with those two lovebirds." I giggled as he laughed again.

It's been over a week since Sirius and Ana's relationship became official, and he finally decided that Ana would move out of her house and live with me and Sirius from now on. And Remus had to go on a three-day mission with Mad-Eye, Tonks and Kingsley somewhere in Yorkshire.

"I have to go now, Tonks and the others are waiting for me downstairs." he said soflty, his first two fingers lifting up my chin so our eyes could meet and our lips pressed against each other.

"Take care, love." I said to him, smoothing the creased lines of his cloak before he gave me one last smile and walked out of my bedroom.

I slowly followed him outside, adjusting my sweather as I shivered from the cold wind of the early morning. Stopping at the  top landing of the staircase, I saw Mad-Eye, Tonks and Kinglsey waiting for him patiently at the front hallway and were fully dressed.

"Good luck you lot." Sirius muttered to the group, and gave Remus a brotherly pat on the shoulder. The green eyes found me again, he paused for a few moments to see me, and left with the other three.

I sat on one of the many vacant chairs of the dining room, one of my Auror books in hand as Sirius walked around the kitchen in excitement, and kept muttering when Ana would be arriving. She was supposed to arrive around this time, and Sirius could not control his emotions, honestly.

"Calm down, Pads she'll be here in no time —" I said absent-mindedly, my eyes never leaving the book I was reading until the doorbell rang across the hallway.

"Better check now."

Quickly lowering the book, Ana was now standing by the door, all dressed and was bringing her suitcase and backpack.

"M'lady." Sirius hummed as the pair shared a quick kiss.

"Seriously when will you ever use the doorbell?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Probably never." she teased.

"I'll get this," said Sirius, grabbing her suitcase from her hand, and her backpack. "And this."

"So ... where will she sleep?" I raised a brow at Sirius.

"In my bedroom." he said casually.

"Your bedroom?!" I bellowed.

"Yes."

"No." I interjected.

"Yes." he and Ana said in a chorus.

"Sorry Selene, the decision's been made." Ana winked mischievously at me.

"In that case, I'll need two more pillows to cover my ears with from now on, starting tonight." Sirius's pale grey eyes darkened, and marched upstairs to his room with her luggage in his hands.

"Oh wait until I do the same for you and Lupin when he comes back." Ana scowled, which made my sly grin disappear and was replaced by Sirius's same expression.

She laughed and followed Sirius.

Rolling my eyes, I retrieved the Auror book that I left on the couch a few minutes before Ana had arrived and skipped all the way to my bedroom, closing it very gently. I sighed and laughed to myself, I surely wasn't used to living with a woman ( particularly, who,  one second my brother despised and now was his significant other) and I knew that this would be a period of adjusting into living with Ana for probably the rest of my life.

"Lupin's really got nice taste, does he?" Ana mused in awe, staring at the bracelet Remus had given me a few weeks ago.

"He does." I chuckled.

"How sweet of him, actually." she mumbled.

"This isn't really the first jewelry he gave me." I said fondly, smiling to myself as I recalled unboxing the locket that he had given me during Christmas of '93. Fidgeting through the pocket of my jeans, I showed her the locket.

"Wow," she breathed. "How come there's a small crack in the middle?"

"Oh, he accidentally snapped it. During, you know, his time of the month. I managed to repair it though, but I mostly wear it during special occassions." I recalled that not so fond memory, during that night.

There was a empathetic glimmer in her almond brown eyes, and she placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Your mate's a very nice person."

"Mate?" my eyebrows creased.

"Well you know, he can turn into a wolf, and you're his partner, so – you're technically his mate." she chortled as I smiled broadly.

"Clever," I mumbled under my breath, shoving the locket back in my pocket and then looked at her. "I'm glad you found your mate, too. You and Sirius really make a good pair."

"I heard that!" Sirius said in a sing-song tune, still crouching by the fireplace,  waiting to speak with Harry. He's been crouched there for almost every hour, a few seconds to be exact. And then all of a sudden, I heard Hermione's voice from the fire.

"I was starting to think you'd go to bed before everyone else had disappeared,"
Sirius said. "I've been checking every hour."

"You've been popping into the fire every hour?" Harry said, half-laughing.

"Just for a few seconds to check if the coast was clear."

"He wouldn't calm down, he's been frantic once he's heard your scar's been hurting." I called.

"Darling, bring Selene upstairs." he said to Ana, he was sounding very much like Mrs. Weasley.

"What?!" I exclaimed. "I want to hear!"

"Upstairs!" Sirius ordered. Ana reluctantly stood from her chair and led me upstairs. I curled my lip in dissatisfaction, as the voices coming from the fire becoming quieter and quieter.

"He's your older brother, he just wants the best for you." Ana said all of a sudden.

I winced, then stared at her in confusion.

"Not fair, you can't just read my mind!" I whined as she chuckled to herself.

"Perks of being a Legillimens." she smirked.