77| Mates

A/N: a pinch of spice. anyways, enjoy ;)

When I awoke the next morning, I realized that I was the first of us two to wake up, which was quite a rare happening

When I awoke the next morning, I realized that I was the first of us two to wake up, which was quite a rare happening. I stretched my tired arms over my head and let my eyes wander the living room of Lupin cottage.

The fire that kept the two of us warm the previous night was now gone, towards my right was the singular window of the room, which looked out to the beautiful garden and the orchards that surrounded it, there was also a lone street and there were other houses by the distance, including the Burrow. And in the middle of it was a stone path that led to Remus's cottage.

It was such a sight anybody would want to wake up to every morning.

There was an oak desk that stood next to us, with a vase containing a bouquet of lilies and below was a rack with books, and photo albums. Behind the couches, was the kitchen and next to that was the staircase that led to his bedroom, the bathroom and the guest room.

I felt the corner of my lips rising as I recalled every moment last night.

I was his.

I was his mate.

Now that Remus marked me as his mate, our bond was unbreakable, our love would be much stronger than before as he said to me last night before we drifted off to sleep. And when we see each other, our blood would hum and our bodies would feel very much alive, and he would be much protective of me when someone comes in the way, to make sure that nobody – absolutely nobody – would ruin the bond between us.

I adjusted my position by laying on my side and propping my elbow so my head could rest on my palm so I could get a better look at the gorgeous man who lay next to me.

He was sleeping peacefully, with gentle snores, his head resting on his propped arm and his free hand clasping his pillow against his chest and was snuggled under the woolen blanket.

My fingers gently brushed the curls that was covering his beautiful face and for a few minutes, I just lay there in complete silence playing with the scars of his chest.

But then I realized that we had to head home four hours later. I crawled out of my blanket with caution, finding the stack of clothes we had left behind last night. I grabbed his cardigan, which fell two inches below my kness and the neckline starting at the upper part of my chest.

I couldn't help but sigh in content, and relish how much comfortable and warm the fabric was against my skin and the smell of tea, old books and chocolate it had.

I opened the shelf with one quick wand movement and summoned the box of flour and other ingredients. Before I could even start, I spotted his record player right next to the table and a copy of 'Beast of Burdern' by the Rolling Stones.

Both Sirius and Remus loved that band.

I smiled cheekily and played the song with the volume a bit low, making sure it wasn't loud enough to wake him up. And when I did finish making breakfast, he hadn't woken up yet, still curled up in his blanket.