65| False Alarm

"Harder, Black! Constant vigilance!"

I stumbled on the floor, panting as sweat trickled down my forehead. I had tried so many times to block Mad-Eye's curses and spells, and this was the fifth time I had been knocked down. Mad-Eye was by far the toughest mentor I had throughout my training.

"Mad-Eye don't be too harsh on her." Tonks gritted her teeth, her arms folded.

"You went through this during your training, Nympha—"

"DON'T CALL ME NYMPHADORA!" Tonks roared, her usual pink hair turning into a shade of fiery red, which made her look like a Weasley.

"I'm tired to death, give me a break Mad-Eye." I said, breathing heavily, blocking another of his spells. My muscles were aching from exhaustion, my whole body was dodging the curses that were being fired at me, and instead, they hit the chairs in the training room, splintering into a pieces.

I had a few, large purplish bruises blossoming across the pale skin of my arm on the impact of getting knocked down and hitting a few things.

"Does he and his followers let you have an afternoon nap before you duel with them? NO!!" Mad-Eye growled exasperately, his blue eye whizzing at me as I ducked one or two more times. "You already defeated many of the elders, so you better try harder on me!"

I let out a sigh, and before I even knew it, Mad-Eye's spell hit me again. I groaned in exasperation, caressing the back of my head as I gritted my teeth.

"I GIVE UP!" I hollered, my fist punching the floor and I quickly got up.

"There's no giving up." Mad-Eye grunted.

"Well I'm tired of your lecturing." I said coolly, removing my ponytail and letting my hair fall down.

"Jesus, Selene there is a goddamn war going on outside and you want to give up?" Tonks cried out. "This was your childhood dream!"

"It was." I muttered, picking up my jacket on the chair that was spared from being destroyed by Mad-Eye's spells. I slowly walked away.

"Give up?! Stupefy —" he hissed.

"Selene!" Tonks screamed from the top of her lungs across the room.

And with a smirk on my face, I shouted
"IMPEDIMENTA!!" before his curse could even hit me. Grinning proudly, I saw as the turqouise light coming from the tip of my wand hit Mad-Eye's spell, which decreased its velocity and dodging it, the red light hit the last chair in the room.

Mad-Eye's mouth dropped slightly and Tonks was beaming. "You're really are a good actress aren't you Black?"

"Well, I do get that compliment a lot." I chuckled.

Tonks was laughing now and Mad-Eye grunted under his breath, which meant to continue.

"Stupefy—"