109| Preparations

It was the day the children would return to Hogwarts, now that their Christmas Break had come to an end

It was the day the children would return to Hogwarts, now that their Christmas Break had come to an end. Both Fred and George had recently joined the Order as official members, seeing as they were both of age.

"Come to think of it, dearie. A few more weeks and you'll be meeting your daughter." Molly said sweetly, rummaging through the kitchen cupboards.

I couldn't help but smile at the thought and I looked at my now, fully-grown belly.

"I know, I'm both nervous and excited, but mostly the latter." I chuckled, as I continued to read the book that was in my hand.

"I felt the same when I was first pregnant with Bill, but once after you give birth, you suddenly have that feeling where everything falls into its right place and you'll no longer feel nervous.
Orange juice, dear?"

"Yes, please." I smiled.

She poured a pitcher of orange juice into a glass before handing it to me.

"Have you and Remus decided where you're having the baby, darling?" she asked.

"At home," I answered. "He thinks that it's much safer and Hope might be taken away if they find out Remus is her father, and you know... prejudice against werewolves is still ongoing."

My jaw clenched at the last part.

The first image on my mind was the heinous-looking woman who wore pink and looked like a toad but in human form who had the most annoying laugh.

"Sadly, yes." Molly sighed sadly.

That afternoon, Harry, Ron and Ginny lined up beside the kitchen fire to return to Hogwarts.

The Ministry had arranged this one-off connection to the Floo Network to return students quickly and safely to Hogwarts.

Only Mrs. Weasley was there to say goodbye, as Remus, Sirius, Ana and Mr. Weasley, Fred, George, Bill and Fleur were all at work for the Order.

But Sirius and Ana found themselves running late. It was twenty minutes after the said meeting was going to take place and they still hadn't left the Burrow. Luckily, Remus had apparated there five minutes late.

It took some time to convince Sirius to leave, as he broke into a round of hysterics while saying goodbye to Harry, which was honestly quite a comedic sight.

"Promise me you'll look after yourself Pronglset ..." Sirius cried dramatically, scooping Harry tightly into his arms. "And please throw more lemons at Snivellus to make James proud."

"He will not do such a thing, Sirius!" Mrs. Weasley retorted, giving him a sharp look.

"I promise, Sirius. You don't wanna be late for the meeting or else Mad-Eye will kick you out." Harry gave a chuckle, Sirius hugging him even tighter before finally dropping him.