Chapter XIV

Emma's POV:

I had people staring at me. They're giving me dirty looks. They're frowning. They're laughing. I found myself hyperventilating as I walked through the house. I had asked Liam for leniency – at least enough to live in a proper room. He said yes and told me he was trusting me to do the right thing. He said this before walking away from me and heading to his little, weak excuse for a mate.

'I can't take this! I need out! I need away! I need to be gone!' I walked down the hall and out of the door and decided to go for a 'run'. People laughed when I changed into my wolf form. They stared. Glared. Being rejected from the Alpha was a big thing that you don't get to live down.

'They can glare! Stare! I'll be smiling. I'll be laughing! This'll all be mine and I'll watch them suffer!' I ran out from their sight and into the woods. I'm only a few weeks pregnant so the baby bump isn't showing. I kept running until I reached the tree that Liam took me to. We were in high school – our second year. I stared at that tree, remembering how he once loved me.

~~~ Flashback ~~~

"Where are we going?" I asked while laughing. Liam had my hand and he kept smiling while pulling me to somewhere. His smile lightened my day. Earlier today, I had people screaming at me, bullying me, punching me but I didn't let it get to me. The Alpha chose me.

"Here," Liam said, looking at me and smiling. I looked at Liam and frowned. We were in the middle of the woods and I had no idea what was so special about it. Liam gestured to the tree and I laughed.

"Liam! That's a tree!" I said while laughing. He still had a hold on my hand and I swear I could feel sparks.

"It's our tree," Liam said to me. He pulled me close and kissed me. His kisses were amazing and I felt like I could melt in his arms – melt at his touch. It was amazing at how he could make me feel this way.

"Oh," I said, trying to be seductive. Liam took a knife out of his pocket and carved our names into it. It looked amazing. Liam looked back at me once he was done and smiled.

"I like, like you," Liam said. I smiled and giggled like an obsessed teen.

~~~ Flashback Ended ~~~

A tear ran down my face and I howled. Sadness squeezed my heart and decided to do whatever it takes to get Liam back. He was mine once and he will be mine once again. I'll make sure of it.

'I want him. I need him. This baby needs him.' I took off again, running down the edge of the border. I ran to the line between this pack and the Midnight Moon Pack and paused. This was a huge step and I could come out on top, or I could die. I took a deep breath and crossed the border, placing one foot over the other.

I took a few more steps before I could smell an amazing scent. It smelled like chocolate and vanilla ice-cream. With another step, the smell became stronger. I felt like I was in cloud nine when something collided with me and I was thrown to the floor.

I had the wind knocked out of me and felt stones and rocks, feeling them pierce through my body. My breathing was rushed and wheezy while everything went fuzzy. I saw stars dance on the outside of my vision before I closed my eyes and let my head drop.

<<<<<

Liam's POV:

"Yeah?" I asked, finally feeling joyous. Alexa was holding my hand and looking at me. I felt something good was about to happen, and no matter how much I tried to let the feeling go, it wouldn't leave. I held my smile while Alexa thought and then she looked at me.

"I wanna move into your room with you," Alexa said. I paused, playing the words in my head, over and over again.

'I wanna move in with you,' I thought. My wolf started jumping around, going crazy in my head, causing a small headache to form.

'She wants to move in with us! Liam, do you know what that means?!' He yelled at me. I blinked once, trying to move past the headache.

'Yes! I know what this means! Chill, Blake. Chill!' I thought back to him. My wolf smiled at me, stirring around before settling down.

I lifted Alexa up and spun her around the room, allowing my joyous feelings to take control of the situation at hand. I smiled as she laughed, her white teeth being the centre of my attention. It was like an angel came to earth and laughed for the first time. It was amazing.

I stopped spinning her around and put her down, my eyes taking in her small appearance. She still had a smile on her face. It was so cute that I just wanted to kiss her. I pulled her close, feeling the sparks dance around us. Our faces were so close, I could feel her breath against my skin.

We started into each other's eyes, feeling like we were the only two people here. Suddenly she closed the gap. I could feel fireworks erupt through my stomach as I tilted my head, allowing access. All too soon, she pulled back, leaving my lips cold and wanting more.

"I'll take that as a yes," Alexa said, her voice coming off lustfully. I smiled, feeling like things were finally going my way. Suddenly every other problem in my life didn't matter because I had my mate and that was okay.

'I can't believe she wants to move in with me! This is really happening! I need to mark her, though. I need to mark her now!' My head yapped happily. Then my smile slowly dropped before disappearing completely.

"Liam, what's wrong?" Alexa asked, concerned.

'We need to mark her! We have to mark her! We get to mark her!' Blake sung. It was childish but who can blame him? I cleared my throat and looked into her beautiful, blue eyes.

"Alexa, you won't like this but," I paused, taking a breath and looked right at her dead in the eyes. "I need to mark you." Just like me, her smile disappeared and was replaced with a worried expression.

"I- you- what?" Alexa panicked. She started hyperventilating and moving away from me.

'I knew this would happen. Damn it,' I thought.

'Fix it, you big baboon,' He yelled at me.

'Shut up and give me a second!' I snapped back at him.

"I know you don't want it but I need to. I can hear my pack member's thoughts and you being a beautiful, unmarked girl, they can take you at any moment. Both of us don't want that," I said. Alexa looked at me and I saw the terror in her eyes.

I knew she was scared about the pain that marking would cause and who could blame her. A normal werewolf would be able to handle it but she's a human – and to make matters worse, a mark from an Alpha hurts far worse than any other wolf. I didn't want her to hurt but she needed to be marked if she is to stay here any longer.

Being the Alpha, I'm able to hear thoughts that are about me or my mate and even though I was their Alpha, it didn't stop the lustful thoughts from entering their minds. I could not have her walking around un-marked while those thoughts filled many minds. It had to be done, ASAP.