Chapter III

Alexa's POV:

I opened my eyes and looked around. There was stitches in my left arm and I was on a bed... as in a bed! In a room! The room's walls were white and red and consisted of a single bed and two chairs with a book shelf and one chest of draws. I smiled at myself and thought about how I died.

'Did I die while running? Did I drown in the puddle? If so then I don't mind. What if I died before even making it past the boarder? That seems impossible. I remember making it to the puddle. So I must have drowned,' I thought to myself, smiling.

Suddenly, a guy who was lightly tanned with brown hair and blue eyes, entered the room. He was only wearing jeans and I could feel the power radiating off of him. He must be some sort of god. He has to be. I thought.

"Excuse me, am I dead?" I asked and he laughed. I don't know what's so funny. I was being serious.

"No. What's your name?" He said and I smiled and as much as I wanted to ask what was funny, I held my tongue. If I'm not dead, than he must be the Alpha of the pack that I crossed the border into.

"Alexa. Where am I?" I asked while lowering my head in respect. I didn't want to make him angry and blow a fuse if he's an Alpha.

"You're in the Redstone Packs, pack house. I am Alpha Liam of the Redstone Pack. Can I ask you where you came from?" Alpha Liam said. His voice was music to my ears, and from where he stood, he looked like an angel coming to save me from my undesirable life.

"Um, the Midnight Moon pack, A- Alpha Liam," I said, my nerves finally getting the better of me. I know where this was going, I thought. The same thing happened to all of my friends and now it's happening to me!

"Please, just call me Liam. Are you okay?" Liam asked me, taking a step closer and that's when it happened. For the first time in years, I was crying. Tears fell down my face while my body shook. I backed away from him, going as far back as I possibly could.

"Please, don't make me go back! I don't wanna go back!" I sobbed, covering my face in my hands.

"No, its fine. Can I ask why you don't want to go back, though?" Liam asked me and I buried my head into my hands.

"I'm one of their slaves. Have been since I was three and whenever I do something wrong... they... punish me," I said with my voice shaking. Liam moved back and looked at me, shock evident on his face.

"Slave?" Liam asked, frowning and I looked away. I felt ashamed, as if it were my fault that I was a slave. I had no control over it, and it wasn't like I could just up and leave, and yet his reaction made me feel as if I did have a choice.

"I'm their human slave," I said.

"Human? Wait, you're a human?" Liam asked. I slowly nodded, not understanding why me being a human was such a shock to him. Liam left the room without saying another word, causing me to open my mouth and start panicking. Is he taking me back? What's going to happen? I thought frantically and started crying again.

^^^^^

Liam's POV:

I carried her into the room beside mine and got the pack doctor to look at her. I walked into my room and sat on my bed while rubbing the back of my neck.

'Go back to our mate! She needs us and we need her!' Blake stressed.

'She's our mate?' I asked, trying to wrap my head around everything. Part of me was happy because now I can be whole but the other part of me, the part that really did fall for Emma, wasn't. 'How do I tell Emma that I've found my mate? How do I tell her that we can't be together anymore?' I asked Blake as I put on a shirt and he sighed.