Chapter VI

Liam's POV:

I woke up the next morning and noticed that something was off. I looked around until everything from yesterday smacked me in the head. Hard. I groaned as I got out of my bed and went to the shower. I got ready for the day, putting on some jeans and a black shirt, with only one thing on my mind. Alexa.

I thought about how the doctor said that she needs to eat more and realised that she needed new clothes along with a healthy breakfast. I scrambled to Jacob's room and knocked on the door. Jacob opened the door and groaned at me. He must have woken up from his sleep, I thought, and I received a grunt from Blake. Lazy.

"Yo, is Maya here?" I asked and Jacob was suddenly wide awake.

"Yeah, why?" Jacob asked, leaning against the door frame. I rolled my eyes at his protectiveness.

"Alexa doesn't have any other clothes. I was wondering if she could borrow a t-shirt and jeans and then we could go and get her clothes today," I said smiling. Jacob nodded once before disappearing into his room. I was beginning to wonder if he'll ever come back when he turned up with a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

"This is Maya's older clothes. She won't notice it's gone but I need it back ASAP. Okay? If she finds it's missing, I'm a dead man," Jacob stressed but the amount of seriousness he had was too funny. It caused me to start laughing.

"Yep, sure man," I chuckled and I walked off to the kitchen. I walked in to see Mary, one of the packs cooks by choice, cooking pancakes. Her blond hair fell to her lower back and even though she was darkly tanned, it suited her.

"Hello Alpha," Mary said, looking at me and I smiled at her.

"Hello. Have you got some already made pancakes?" I asked as I lifted myself to sit on the counter. I think she got the wrong idea because she frowned at me.

"I'm sorry Alpha, but I've found my mate," Mary said angrily. I smiled a bit and shook my head.

"No! Mary, I mean real pancakes. Is there already pancakes made?" I asked, almost laughing and she smiled at me.

"Oh, is this for the special lady, hey?" Mary asked and I nodded. I could feel my mood becoming happier and happier, the closer I got to heading to Alexa's door. Mary pointed to the pancakes, already on a plate. I could tell they were still warm because of the steam that left them.

"Thank you, Mary," I said to her and she laughed a little.

"It's okay. Go take that to Emma," Mary said winking but I looked at her, a frown evident on my face.

"I'm not with Emma anymore. I actually found my mate," I said with a serious face and Mary slapped her forehead.

"Sorry, I didn't know. Who's your mate?" Mary asked as I picked up the plate, putting it on a tray with some Golden Syrup.

"It's Alexa. The girl that wondered onto our territory," I said and Mary frowned which caused her nose to scrunch up. She looked pretty but Alexa would always be the most beautiful person in my books.

"The one who tried to run away, yesterday?" Mary asked, snapping me out of my thoughts and I nodded.

"Yeah. She's a human, but look, the Pack doesn't know she's human and she just accepted me. I have to help her build herself back up and she doesn't need the attention from the Pack right now. It could overwhelm her. Can you keep this a secret for me?" I asked and Mary smiled.

"Of course Mr Alpha," Mary said, playfully smacking my arm as I walked out of the Kitchen and headed to Alexa's room. I listened through the door and when I heard nothing, I knocked on it. I heard a faint 'come in' so I walked into the room to see Alexa curled up on a chair, reading a book. She looked like an angel. Now all she needed were the white wings.

I walked in and smiled at her. She looked up from her book and when she saw me, she sat up straight, herself going into high alert. I felt a little disappointed that she couldn't relax and be herself around me, but I had to remember, she needed time.

"Liam," She said.

<<<<<

Alexa's POV:

When I saw Liam walk into my room, all I wanted to do was bow my head. I tried not to, but I was so used to getting a slap across the face for not. So, I did. I placed the book beside me and bowed my head, earning a chuckle from Liam.

"You know, you don't have to bow your head at me," Liam said, a smile playing on his face. I smiled awkwardly, before turning to the smell of pancakes. I filled the room. I could hear my stomach gargle.

"What have you got?" I asked, looking over the plate. Liam laughed at my eagerness and it made me nervous, so I looked away.

"I've bought pancakes and clothes," Liam said. I looked down at my dress and frowned. It was dirty and definitely needed a bleach before I continue to wear it. Though I wasn't sure if I wanted to wear it. It was old and grotty and reminded me of my past. There were holes at the bottom of it and a rip that ventured from mid-thigh down.

"I could really use the clothes, thank you," I said gesturing to my, now dirty, dress. Liam smiled triumphantly, as if he did something right, causing me to smile back. Our eyes connected and for a second, just a split second, I could feel a connection.

"I just thought that you'd want something else to change into for today. Jacob and Maya are gunna help me buy you some new clothes," Liam said while setting the food on my bedside table. I looked away, the connection fading.

"Oh, you don't have to do that," I said, shaking my head slightly. I could feel my cheeks heat up as I felt a little embarrassed at the thought of someone spending money on me.

"No, I want to," Liam said, sitting on my bed. "Now, you need to eat." Liam gestured to the plate and watched as I moved towards it and took it with me back to the seat.

"Why did you get them for me?" I asked.

"Because you're my Luna," He said. My heart fluttered a little and I sent a small smile his way. I finally took a moment to realise I was eating food – real, home cooked food. Being a human slave, we never had good food. We were usually tossed an apple or an orange to share with another slave. "You don't like them?"

"No, I've just... never had them before," I said, eyeing it closely. "How do I know it's not poisoned?" Liam patently walked up to me and ripped a bit off, placing it into his mouth.

Once he swallowed, he smiled. I carefully ripped a small piece off for myself and put it in my own mouth. The taste of sugar, flour and butter moved around my mouth and I practically drooled all over the plate. I could hear him laughing in the background and I blushed again.

"This is amazing! Thank you, Liam," I said smiling up at him. Liam nodded.

"Look, I'm gunna go and buy you some clothes. Please don't leave the room because you will get lost. This house, it's massive," Liam said. He waited a moment, hesitant to leave but after a minute of battling himself, he turned and left.

I looked down at my food and smiled with my eyes going wide. I ate one piece, the flavour swirled around my mouth before exploding into different parts of my mouth and I swallowed.

Iwish I ran away AGES ago.