Chapter IV

Alexa's POV:

After hours of crying, I decided to run away. If Liam's going to give me back to the Midnight Moon Pack, then I'm not sticking around to be delivered. I opened the bedroom door and wondered down the hallway. My heart was pounding against my chest, terrified and nervous.

I walked past a few people who were talking and laughing. They didn't take any notice of me, too engrossed in their conversation. I was almost home-free when I heard more laughing in the Kitchen. I waited behind the wall, taking a moment to collect myself before attempting to stroll past without suspicion. Fail. One of the men in the kitchen noticed who I was and called out, forcing me to make a run for it.

"Hey! You!" He yelled. I ran out to the front porch and down the steps, the feeling of freedom catching up with me once more. I kept running, hearing people shouting and others running after me.

I reached the Forrest but tripped over a rock and fell to the floor. I cried out as I landed on my left arm and split the stitches. My arm started bleeding again and tears fell down my face. I closed my eyes as the men ran to me. I could feel pain and sadness. Pain from my arm and sadness that I didn't get away.

"Over here!" A man yelled and I heard more footsteps. I started shaking in fear of what'll happen. Will they take me back? Will I be punished? I thought.

"Please don't hurt me," I cried, trying to stay away. Liam stopped and bent down in front of me.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to take you back to get those stitches fixed," Liam said. His voice was calm and soothing, and I wanted to trust him, but too many years of pain, hurt and lies had carved their marks in me.

"How can I trust you?" I asked.

"You can't trust me if you don't give me a chance to earn it," Liam said. I thought about what he said before nodding my head slightly. He picked me up bridal style and carried me back to the house. I hid my head into his chest.

"Alexa, why'd you run away?" Liam asked me. I didn't think it would matter that much considering all I am is a human slave. Somehow, he gave me the impression that I meant something; That I was important. Who am I to him?

"You were gunna take me back to the Midnight Moon Pack," I said, taking a few deep breaths. My voice was low, and my head had dropped down, staring at the floor. We arrived at the room again and Liam placed me on the bed before standing up in front of me, looking me dead in the eyes.

"Alexa, I accept you as my mate," Liam said. My breathing paused and looked up at him.

"What?" I asked. I knew about mates. They were two halves that make a person feel whole. They were the reflection that the other person shows... but I thought that only werewolf's and Lycan's had mates. "I'm your mate?"

"Yes, Alexa. You are my mate and I accept you. I'm not going to take you back to the Midnight Moon Pack because you are now the Luna of the Redstone Pack," Liam said and I froze.

"Mate? Luna? I can't!" I said, hyperventilating. My eyes were wide, and I gripped the edge of the bed with my hands as if it would stabilise me. My breathing became uneven as I tried to grasp what all of this meant.

"Alexa, it's okay. You aren't like-"

"I'm a human though. I can't be Luna! And that means you have to mark me and... and..." I cried. I couldn't breathe. The air was too thick. I tried and tried but the thickness of the air became too much.