121| Not Who He Seems

Start from the beginning

The already dim lights flickered close with another wave of his wand, and the door squeaked close.

I couldn't argue any further, with a small and exhausted sigh, I carefully rolled over on one side.

My eyes got heavier and heavier as each minute passed, and before I realized it, I had dozed off.

"Someone's helping her escape!"

The metal lock of the cellar's barred door burst open, revealing a furious-looking Lucius Malfoy, followed by Yaxley and Greyback (both of whom shared the same expression on his face) and lastly, Narcissa.

Dobby had frozen in his spot, shuddering with fear as his former masters approached the two of us. The house-elf was mercilessly thrown across the dark room with a flash of red light, his head hitting the wall hard and collapsing on the floor.

"You're not going anywhere..." Lucius snarled, his hand now bearing a long, sharp dagger that he pointed at my throat. I was trembling with fear and my eyes widened, trying my best to escape from the blade that was threatening to slit my throat.

The corners of his lips formed a small, vile smirk.

"By the way, you have some visitors joining you today," he stated, turning to the other Death Eaters who were laughing cruelly and rushed outside. "Your family."

"No- let me go!" I attempted to break through the restraints bound around my hands.

"Oh yes, your husband, daughter, brother, and the rest of the people you hold so dear."

"AVADA –"

"NO!" I shot awake immediately, eyes scanning the room fearfully as I tried to catch my breath.
"It's not real, it's not real, it's not real..."

I shook my head repeatedly and closed my eyes, trying to shake away the terrible nightmare I had. The impact of the capture seemed to have left a great scar on me, it felt like I was still locked up in the cellar, bleeding, in need and near the end.

I felt like I could never recover.

That was until I felt a hand on my shoulder and the light had returned.

"It's alright. Open your eyes."

I slowly did so and lifted my head, the first thing my eyes met was the greyish ones of Charles Dumbledore. His face was full of worry and concern, slightly pale.

"Charles." I breathed, my heart jolting in relief. I couldn't help but wrap my arms around him, as he did the very same, but very tightly.

"Are you OK? I heard you were captured and brought to Malfoy Manor- how did you escape-"

"I'm alright, slow down. Your dad's healed my wound, so there's nothing to worry about." I said with a little chuckle.

"Water?"

"Yes, please."

Aberforth entered the room a few moments later, this time he was bringing an assortment of vials (perhaps medicine).