Chapter 38: Crashing Tides, and Flying Bullets

Drifter pov

We were already in positions. I had ordered everyone to form around the high tower. They did so with a little hold up before they finally got into position. Everyone knew their part, and what to do, but that didn't stop the tension.

Everyone with a rifle, or a ranged weapon was aimed at giant ships above, while others with melee weapons gripped their tools tighter.

No one dared to speak or joke...shit...not even me...

That's when it happened. The floating holographic screens came on, before I saw the face of that Cinder chick.

Cinder: it's almost cute~ you prepared so much for the what will be only the beginning of the end~. I will say, however; it was quite charming to see you all come together to try and stop this.

Yelling out into the screen above, I only hoped that she could hear me.

Me: you kidding me!- "the beginning", sounds like bad comedy to me! Cus we're gonna end it- right here, right now!- and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it!

From the screen, I watched her look down on all of us before smiling like a hive knight with guardian blood on its blade.

Cinder: such rebelliousness, I wonder if you will have that same attitude when you're surrounded by bodies~

The fleet up above us, was comprised of numerous small fighter crafts, a dozen mid-sized airborne carriers, and 3 ships that seemed to be either the same or even bigger than my Derelict.

Looking to the sky, I watched with a sinking heart as hundreds upon thousands of small troop transports, and fighter crafts began to dive their way to us.

Me: shit!- OPEN FIRE- I DON'T WANNA SEE A SINGLE SHIP LAND NEAR US!!

I heard shout and cry's ring out as who ever had a ranged weapon began to fire into the sky.

Almost looking at rain in reverse, I watched through the sight of my rifle; seeing most of the round rise to reach their target. Although a lot of the fighter crafts were taking one hell of a beating, the troop carriers still came closer.

Me: heh, been wanting to try these little "gifts" out!-

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.