Chapter 25: A Hero's Spite

Ironwood: Tank!?- your awake!?

Ironwood looked at you in disbelief, but his words didn't grab your attention. What did however was the scene behind a large ballistic window. The wyvern that had stayed behind was hooked up to several pipes and devices that pierced it's skin.

Ironwood: -Its not what it looks like!

He tried to hide the sight by shielding it with his body. Though his attempt was in vain, as his body wasn't large enough to cover the view.

You only watched in horror as people in white suits began stabbing more tubes and devices into the cleansed beast. You held your heart in pain as you began to feel what the beast was feeling. You moved forward to try and get a closer look, but Ironwood pushed you back. You stumbled a bit before finding your footing

Ironwood: Tank please... Think of how many people we can save if we study this.

You tried to walk past him, but he blocked your path once more

Ironwood: I can't let you walk out with that thing.

Y/N: '...Thing?...Thing!?'

You couldn't take it anymore. You felt your anger rise up again as your hair turned black. Though this time, Grimm like spikes protruded from your joints. Ironwood only backed up as a response. Your eyes obviously gleaming through your helms visor as you walked towards Ironwood directly.

Y/N: Step. Aside... Now

He stared at you before taking a fighting stance.

Ironwood: No

His voice was full of authority, but his challenge was clear. Fight for the beast. But you knew that you were in no condition for a fight. Thinking quickly, you covered the room in darkness before completely disappearing from Ironwood's view.

Ironwood: this is pointless Tank, we shouldn't be fighting!...

He drew his revolver while trying to navigate his surroundings.

Ironwood: if anything, you should be helping us. Besides, you are the person doing this to the Grimm!

Your anger kept rising, but your emotions in check

Y/N: You destroy, weaponize and torture what you don't understand. Do you think you can do that to what I heal?

Your voice held much venom

Ironwood: look, I know, ok!? But we need to understand...

That was a lie...and you knew it

Y/N: understand *chuckle* understand!? Do you understand by killing!?... Do you understand by hurting!?... Do you understand by...TAKING!? No... You will never understand. You can't even acknowledge when "understanding" isn't needed.

Ironwood began to back away

Y/N: what I do doesn't need your, "Understanding". It requires your trust, but you decided how to weaponize it?

You felt guilt set on Ironwood but he still held on to his pride

Ironwood: this will save lives!

Y/N:...then who will save your life?...

There was a pause until you got behind Ironwood and kicked him towards a wall.

Y/N: your just as bad as the gods I killed

you instantly dashed into the experimentation room before knocking out the scientists one by one. They tried to stop you, but it was in vain. After taking out the scientists, you rushed to the wyvern's side