Chapter 36: War Behind Closed Doors

You stood up from the bench with a little difficulty before finally finding your balance. Drifter placed his hand on your shoulder.

Drifter: take a load off kid. You ain't in no shape to be fightin right now.

Although you didn't want to admit it. You were just becoming more exhausted by the minute.

Drifter: tell ya what! How about you leave this to ol Drifter here~! My guess, you were about to show everyone that you were fine and still able to fight, right?

You looked down in shame of your obvious planning.

Drifter: uh-...Neo, and Velvet, right?

Both girls looked at him with subtlety.

Drifter: I'll deal with the situation out there. You guys take him into the dorm so he can rest up. Looks like he's gonna need it too.

With that said, you felt both Velvet and Neo come to your sides to help you move around, and out of the room. Hex followed close behind while Chip and the other Grimm stayed behind with Drifter.

Chip: don't worry Tank, we'll get this sorted out!

You turned to Chip, Drifter, and your Grimm before giving them a big thumbs up from your still strong left arm.

Velvet: come on Tank, let's get you some rest~

Neo: you'll fell better in no time~

Drifter pov

I watched the girls that some how tamed Tank: take him through the doors of the room.

Chip: you have a plan...right?

I deadpanned and faked a smile

Me: I'll figure it out~

Chip let out a sigh

Chip: we are so screwed...

Me: Hey!- I said I would deal with it, and now I will...wait a minute...

An idea popped in my head...along with a makeshift speech to use.

Me: get the girls to stop at the exit!- I need the Grimm to follow me in an orderly fashion too! Can ya do that for me?

Chip looked at me with concern.

Me: look, we need to show people that we can be trusted. Tank is the big ticket.

Chip: ok-ok, I'll do it.

I let a sigh of relief out as the Grimm seemed to listen in to our conversation.

Me: uh...can they understand us?

Chip chuckled at me.

Chip: don't know just yet, they just seem to understand. Hadn't really had the time to figure it out myself.

I looked to the Grimm with a smile before speaking.

Me: alright then...now I don't know if you can understand me or whatever, but your master is in a bit of a pickle. He's trying to do it all himself, but he don't have to do all this alone. All that I am ask I'd for you to follow me for a bit, and help me clear up to the people out there.

I started to hear the grimm make these weird noises in response before watching them inch closer in acceptance.

Chip: looks like you got em Drifter

I smiled in a little outburst of pride before walking out to catch up with Tank. The Grimm and chip followed closely behind.

I found the girls helping Tank relax a bit on a nearby chair before noticing me.