Chapter 8: Home for now

Start from the beginning

-----------------------------------------------------------

-November 3rd 434 days since the start of the end of the world.

-Today was a bad day we lost 12 Military people. There was a huge hoard coming our way so my dad and 12 military people went out to lead them away but things went bad all of a sudden a bomb exploded and my father and Sergeant Grant where the only ones that made it back. Sergeant Grant was hurt really badly as well. I tried to save him but I couldn't. He died because I couldn't save him it's all my fault.

----------------------------------------------------------

-November 15th 446 days since the start of the end of the world.

-I haven't really talked to anyone since I couldn't save Sergeant Grant.

-"Hey what's been going on in that head of yours", Kayden asks while we are in the library reading some books to pass the time.

-"I should have been able to save him. I should have known not to..." I try to talk but before I could finish speaking Kayden gives me a hug.

-Before I think of anything I kiss Kayden and he kisses me back.

-"You know I love you he tells me. I've loved you since we were young."

-"Me too", I say.

-"Sadly I do have to go out on that run with your dad in a few minutes to get some fuel for the generator", Kayden tells me.

-"Hopefully I won't take you too long", I say.

-"It won't", he tells me and kisses me before walking out the door.

--------------------------------------------------------

TW:Attempted Sexual Assault

-10 minutes later

-I was just in the library looking for a new book when Cody walked in drunk.

-"You really think Kayden loves you", Cody says.

-"Were you listening to us?" I ask him.

-"That doesn't matter, you are mine, nothing you or him can do to stop that", Cody says.

-"Why don't you go fuck yourself", I say.

-That makes Cody mad and in a blink of an eye I'm pinned between him and a table.

-"Kayden can't stop me now", Cody says as he puts his hand up my shirt.

-"Get off of me!" I yell hoping Diana who's at the other end of the school with the kids will hear me. I scratch his neck and that just makes him more angry.

-"Stop fighting it will just make it last longer", Cody says. I keep trying to push him off of me.

-"What the hell are you doing?" Diana says.

-Cody stops and lets me go. I run into Diana's arms and Mariah tries to console me.

-"I was.." Cody can't think of anything to say.

-"You know, I don't need an explanation. I think I know what you were doing", Diana says.

-Diana leads me out of the room and outside of the building.

-Diana didn't even know what to say so Mariah said something first.

-"Are you okay?" She asks.

-"That wasn't the first time that has happened", I say. It feels so amazing to finally be able to tell someone.

-Diana looks at me with concern and says. "It has gone farther than that hasn't it."

-I shake my head yes. 

-"Lets wait for your father to come back, then we will find the appropriate punishment for him", Diana says.

-"Okay", I say.

-Diana climbs up to the watch tower by the gate. She looks at me once she is up then all of a sudden she is shot in the head.

Word count 931

-I'm re-reading all my chapters and fixing things and realized I full on made up so many names for the people in this community because I was going to have a who thing where Ava makes personal connections with them. I never did it lmao as you can tell.

 I never did it lmao as you can tell