S2 E6

(Y/n) stared at the females with dotted eyes, while being the only female not in a cheerleading costume. "What are you guys doing?" (Y/n) questioned with genuine confusion. "Wh... (Y/n)?! Why aren't you in a cheering outfit?!" Ochako asked in disbelief. "Why would I be?" (Y/n) asked back, realization dawned on them as they all simultaneously turned their attention to Kaminari and Mineta.

"WHAT?! YOU TRICKED US?! YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THIS!!" Momo exclaimed in anger. "Aw, no wonder we didn't see (Y/n) in the changing rooms! I was hoping to see her in one!" Mina groaned in despair. "Ugh... Why me..." Momo complained as she fell to her knees. "I'll be honest, you all look hot in those clothes" (Y/n) sad bluntly, which earned bright blushes from the females.

"Awe!! Thanks, bae!!" Mina squealed as she engulfed the female in a hug, while the others were shyer about it. "I like these too! They're super cute!" Toru spoke out, interrupting the silence. "I don't think you can wear them for long since we're starting soon" (Y/n) pointed out. "Lets! I want out of these clothes!" Jirou exclaimed, looking the most embarrassed.

"After competing in the side games, after they're over the 16 students on the top board will be duking it out. In a tournament-style fighting competition! I promise you're not going to miss these epic matchups!" President Mic announced. "Awe yeah, finally the chance to show what we're made of! I watch these finals every year and now I'm actually in them!" Kirishima said with an excited look.

"So, wait, is it always a tournament?" Mina asked, having yet changed out of her cheerleading clothes. "The finals are always a 1-on-1 competition, but they switch it up every time. Last year it was a foam sword fighting match" Sero explained, somehow unaffected by her attire. "Come closer and draw lots to see who you're up against, then enjoy the pleasure of the recreational games before we start" Midnight announced as she held up a box.

"The 16 finalists have the option to participate in those activities or sit out to prepare for battle. I'm sure you all want to conserve your stamina. I'll start with the first-place team" Midnight announced as she allowed them to pick out lots. "Now! Take a look my dears! These are your opponents!" Midnight announced as she pointed to the screen, the screen now showing everyone's name.

(Y/n) scanned the screen for her name, and immediately spotted herself in the same bracket as Shoto. The two of them exchange glances, knowing their battle will be a harsh one. "This Izuku Midoriya person, it's that green one, isn't it?" Shinso asked as he approached (Y/n). "Don't think I'm giving you any hints on how to beat him" (Y/n) said with a teasing smirk, which earned a chuckle from the male.

"I wasn't planning on it, just wanted to know what my opponent looked like" Shinso reassured with a raise of his hand. "Let's head off, I don't feel like participating in the side games" (Y/n) suggested as she walked off. Shinso followed after her, while Izuku stared at them with furrowed brows, confused on why they were so close to each other.

"Okay! Let's press pause for a momentary interlude before the battles begin it's time for some bost bounding side games!" President Mic announced happily. Not many of (Y/n)'s classmates joined the side games, those who did were on a scavenger hunt. Forced to ask the audience for items.

~~~

"Good luck, you're going to need it" (Y/n) said seriously, as she stood with Shinso at the entrance to the field. "Don't sweat it, it'll be easy" Shinso reassured with a confident smirk. "Ha! Getting confident, now are we? Remember, if you win, you're facing me next" (Y/n) warned while pointing her thumb at her chest.

"Right, right" Shinso dismissed, having fought each other before, for training purposes. "Alright, everyone! Let's get to the good stuff, and not delay these finals any longer! Welcome out first fighters! Well, he looks kind of scared in that picture, doesn't he? It's Izuku Midoriya, from the hero course! Vs. Hitoshi Shinso from General Studies, which he really hasn't gotten anything to stand out yet!" President Mic introduced the two as they made their way out into the field.

"The rules are simple! Immobilize opponents or force them out of the ring!! Bring on the injuries, because we got our very own recovery girl waiting on stand-by!" President Mic announced as the two got onto the cement platform, made by Cementos. "So, put your morals aside, and don't be afraid to play dirty! Of course, without killing them, it's not allowed" President Mic finished as Cementos sat himself down on a chair he made.

"I'll stop anyone who tries to get too rough," Cementos said with a raised hand, just for extra reassurance. (Y/n) decided to wait by the entrance, wanting to watch the battle in person, instead of going to the room to plan something. "(Y/n)" someone called from behind her, forcing her attention away from the battle.

"Koko, what are you doing here?" (Y/n) asked in confusion, ignoring the fight that was going on behind her. "We need to talk," Kokushibo said as he walked away from the entrance, to give them more privacy from the loud sounds. "The stunt you pulled, in the first round, wasn't ideal," Kokushibo said with his back turned to her.

(Y/n) let out a sigh, she knew he wasn't doing this on his own accord, so she can't be mad at him. "What does father want? It's not a life or death situation" (Y/n) commented with a lopsided frown. "That's not the point, you're careless, we... I worry about you" Kokushibo admitted as he glanced at her with a worried look.

"I know you're strong, you are to be my successor to my powers, eventually..." Kokushibo trailed off as he stared down at his makeshift sword. "Prove to me you can handle my position, prove to your father that you can take care of yourself. Make us proud" Kokushibo said, giving her a great amount of encouragement, even if it seemed harsh.

With that, he silently left, only to stop around the corner as he spotted someone snooping. Shoto stared up at Kokushibo with a glare, despite internally shaking at the intimidation. Kokushibo's stare rivaled his own, to add to that, his height toppled over his own, maybe even his own father. When the demon left, he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He just hopes (Y/n) isn't the same way.