S1, E8

(Y/n) stared up at the monitors with an unreadable look, unlike the others who were shocked by the display. "What a weird way to end, both the losers are practically untouched, while the winners are both on the ground" someone pointed out. "How does the old saying go? They may have lost the battle, but they have won the war" Tokoyami muttered.

"Ojiro, Hagakure" (Y/n) called out, gaining their attention, with a tilt of her head, she silently indicated to follow her. Once alone, and out of hearing range of the others, she spoke up. "I suggest we make a plan, to ensure our success" (Y/n) said wisely. "Your right, but we have no clue what their Quirks are" Ojiro pointed out, while Hagakure nodded, sort of.

"Well, let's lay down what we can do, what are your Quirks?" (Y/n) asked while lazily pointing at them. "Mine is tail, I also know martial arts," Ojiro said while pointing to his tail. "Mine is to be invisible," Hagakure said with enthusiasm, even though it's obvious what her Quirk is. "Alright, my Quirk works with swords, and fans, I also know martial arts" (Y/n) said, not giving away too much information.

"So, two defense, and one offense, this could work out," Ojiro said with a hand under his chin. "Hopefully they don't have crazy strong Quirks," Hagakure said nervously. "Well, then we better prepare for the off-chance of that outcome" (Y/n) said with a grin, hoping the reassure the two.

~~~

"Well, despite the results, the MVP of this exercise is Young Iida!" All Might announced, confusing the students. "Shouldn't it be one of the heroes instead, since they're the winners?" Asui asked curiously. "Mm, valid question, why didn't I choose one of those two? Who has a guess?!" All Might asked while raising his hand.

"Sir! I can tell you why" Momo announced before anyone else could while raising her hand. "Iida embraced this challenge, he was the only one who truly adapted to his assigned role. I'll explain, Bakugo's judgment was clouded by a personal grudge against Midoriya" Momo explained, and took a moment to pause, letting her information sink in.

"Along with that, he launched a large attack indoors, which was a foolish move, it could've been disastrous. Similarly, Midoriya's plan was also poorly thought out. Considering the amount of damage he received, he rendered himself helpless, not smart" Momo said harshly, but wisely while lowering her raised hand.

"As for Uraraka, she let her guard down mid-battle, and her final attack was far too reckless, given the hypothetical state. If she treated the fake weapon as if it were real, she never would've risked using such an imprecise move. Iida was fully prepared for his opponent's arrival, he had a strategy and never lost sight of his mission to protect the dummy weapon. Even if he was foiled in the end" Momo explained, causing Tenya to smile weirdly.

"Technically the hero team won, yes, but they took advantage of the fact that this was training. They didn't respect the spirit of the trial" Momo finished the long explanation. "Yes... Well... You overlooked a few things. Young Iida could've relaxed a little bit in the exercise. But, otherwise, you nailed it!" All Might said with a nervous thumbs up.

'Yeah... He wasn't expecting that answer at all, was he?' (Y/n) thought with a sweatdrop. "One should always start with the basics and devote themselves wholeheartedly to learning. That's the only real way to become a top hero" Momo said with hands on her hips. 'She reminds me of Father... Scary' (Y/n) thought with a shiver, but slightly admired the girl's logic.

"Now then! Time to blow this joint! Let's move on to the next match! Think about everything we saw, and discuss as you tackle this training for yourself" All Might announced to the group of students. "Yes Sir!" The students responded stiffly, ignoring the fact that Katsuki hasn't said a word this whole time.