Prologue

A little girl was running across the freshly cut grass, playing by herself, laughing while doing so. Behind her stood a large orphanage, kids within the window watched her with worry, scared to go outside of the safety of the home. As she tumbled to the floor, laughing hysterically, she noticed something within the trees. "Hello?" She asked curiously, trying to see who was spying on her, but they stayed hidden under the shadow of the tree.

"Oh? You've spotted me? How interesting" the person said, sounding male. The sun rays hit him briefly, causing him to hiss in pain, and hid further within the shadow. But, she had a brief glimpse of a fan and pretty rainbow eyes. "Your eyes a very pretty Mr." She complimented, now slowly approaching him, but staying a good foot away from his spot. "Aren't you a charmer? My name's Doma, what's yours?" Doma asked, hiding his soft smile behind his fan.

"I'm (Y/n)! Doma-Nii, do you want to play with me?" (Y/n) asked hopefully. "Sorry love, maybe later?" Doma offered, unable to walk out from his spot. "Hm... Oh! Hold on! I got an idea!" (Y/n) said as she ran off from her spot, unaware that his eyes followed her figure. She soon ran back, holding a large umbrella, and smiling widely at her new friend.

"Doma-Nii, here! So you stay in the shade, and can play with me!" (Y/n) suggested while holding out the umbrella towards the shadows of the trees. Doma hesitantly took the umbrella from the small child, his eyes held doubt about her plan. "You're not human, right?" (Y/n) asked bluntly, slightly catching him off guard. "Heh... You've caught me, how'd you figure it out?" Doma asked with a nervous smile.

"Well... Either you're allergic to the sun, or you're some kind of vampire!" (Y/n) said while pointing at him. "A vampire?" Doma asked with a raised eyebrow, now realizing she's been reading fairytale books on the supernatural. "Yeah! Also, your scent is way different from anyone I know!" (Y/n) explained, making it sound a bit weird. "You shouldn't tell someone that they smell, that's rude" Doma lectured the small kid but was slightly amused by her assumptions.

~~~

Doma had been leaving the safety of his home during the day, using the shadows of the trees as his protection against the sun. One day, Kokushibo decided to follow Doma, curious about where he heads to. When Doma stopped near an orphanage, he was really confused, and when a little girl casually walked up to Douma, he was dumbfounded. "Doma..." Kokushibo said, now revealing his spot, and gaining their attention.

"Kokushibo-Senpai, what are you doing here?" Doma asked, now standing up from his spot, in case he has to fight him off. "I followed you here... I didn't expect you to be with a human child... He won't be happy" Kokushibo said darkly. "Woah! You have six eyes! That's so cool!" (Y/n) said as she glanced around the tree, hoping to see the new person's appearance.

Sadly, all she saw is his glowing six eyes and the handle of his sword. Kokushibo glanced at her, slightly surprised by her compliment, but he kept his calm facade. "I know he won't... But..." Doma trailed off, unsure how to describe his feelings. "What he doesn't know... Won't hurt him," Kokushibo said with a turn of his head. "Kokushibo-Dono," Doma said with a surprised look, but his surprise melted into a smile.

"Thank you," Doma said honestly, earning a huff from his comrade, as he turned to leave. "Kok-.. Uh... Koko-Ani, want to play with us?" (Y/n) asked hopefully from her spot in the sun. The demon stopped in his tracks, seeming to think about it, and turned back around. "I suppose... I can entertain you... For a bit," Kokoshibo said with a dismissive look.

~~~

"I ordered you to kill the kid! Not befriend them! Useless! Both of you are useless! I guess I have to take the matter into my own hands!" Muzan exclaimed angrily as he stood in front of Doma and Kokushibo. "Yes Sir." The two said with a bow, despite wanting to go against him, they can't. Muza walked past them, muttering complaints about his proxy, leaving towards the orphanage.