Chapter 1: Masquerade

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

An annoying beeping sound crashes through the Shinomiya Estate, until the alarm is slammed silent by the slowly rising girl who adjusts her glasses as she sits up. She yawns as she stretches before turning to look at the alarm clock...

*4:30 AM*

She groggily stands to do her morning routine to get her into the professional mindset that she needs for the job. After finishing her routine she puts on her uniform and leaves for work...

Which is right down the hall.

The Shinomiya Estate has 20 employees, all of which are under this girl's supervision due to seniority. As such, much of the pressure is put under her. She has many responsibilities after all, not only is there a strict set of rules that the Shinomiya Servants have to abide by, even a minor bend of the rule is grounds for dismissal. She is also in charge of the Estate's budgeting, landscaping, and is the personal valet of none other but Kaguya Shinomiya. The Shinomiya's themselves are the richest family in Japan, and Kaguya herself is the only daughter of this family.

So naturally, the person must be an excellent maid to be able to serve the criteria.

And Ai Hayasaka is an excellent maid.

>>>>>>>>>

*8:30 AM*

"Kaguya-sama, today is going to be a busy day," Hayasaka states as she looks over the schedule.

"I am aware of this Hayasaka, however Oko said that someone we know would be arriving sometime this week no?" Kaguya responds while looking through the window aimlessly as the car inches ever so closer to their school.

"I don't have the faintest idea of who it would be, but we should focus on your game plan for the day," Hayasaka responds as she leans over to let Kaguya see the schedule.

"You said you wanted to have some of the President's lunch right?" Hayasaka looks over at Kaguya, who is still staring out the window.

"It's not that I want the food itself Hayasaka, it's that I want to taste the inferiority of lower-class meals so I can show the President what real food tastes like," Kaguya explains, finally looking back at Hayasaka.

"So that's why you wanted the chefs to give you double the food -.-" Hayasaka looks at Kaguya disappointedly.

>>>>>>>>>

*10:15 AM*

However, Hayasaka's job interferes with her academic life too. Since she has to prioritize her master instead of herself, she finds herself not having the time to study and planning meticulously for Kaguya instead of doing classwork. Any free time that she does have is spent spying on other classmates and seeing who a threat to Kaguya would be.

But...it would be hard to spy on all of the classmates if she acted like herself, due to the fact that she was cold and cynical in nature.

Thus, the Masquerade of Ai Hayasaka begins.

Her natural deadpanned expression becomes a cheery smile, her monotone and sarcastic voice becomes high-pitched and almost annoying, and her quick and snarky remarks are replaced with airheaded and gossiping responses. It doesn't end with expressions and emotions however, she also dresses the part.

Her uniform shows much more leg than any of the other female uniforms and had a stylish brown jacket tied around her stomach, finished off with a blue Pearl necklace and painted nails.

And if you were to ask her how she felt about taking on such responsibility...

Then she would tell you that she's fine taking on the responsibility alone and that she doesn't need nor want help.

Because after all...

Hayasaka Lies As Naturally As She Breathes...