56: On Deadly Ground

Start from the beginning

Gods be damned, two you had survived worse situations than this as Kyōjurō quickly turns towards you, seeing how you struggled to keep the ice wall up.

"(Name)." he starts, and you immediately understood and nodded, before releasing the ice wall─and before the bloody tendrils can break through it, Kyōjurō quickly picks you up and jumps over to a nearby ledge, away from harm's reach.

"Haha, running away will get you nowhere, Flame Pillar!" Satsujin laughs, "just except your wondrous demise!"

Kyōjurō simply ignores the boastful demon as he tends to you. Pain blooms from a point in your ankle and you cringe to see more blood soaking through your sock.

"Ow," you grunt as your lover pulled the cloth down enough to see tiny puncture wounds.

"(Name)-"

"It's fine! I'm okay, Kyō. Don't worry about me, just focus on Satsujin." You tell him, before taking a step back, staggering, but manages to stay upright.

Kyōjurō eyes widen in awe as you pulled a (f/c) cloth wrapped around your naginata and dressed your wound to stop the bleeding. It didn't feel too deep but, if you weren't careful, you'll end up losing a lot of blood. And you weren't about to die like this!

Gods be damned, you have come so far and even survived worse situations than this. You can do this. You both can do-

"Stay here, my love." Kyōjurō says lowly and you glanced to see his back towards you.

With his red blade drawn, you can practically feel the heat and rage transcending off of him.

"Kyō...?" but before you can ask, Kyōjurō suddenly leaps, leaving you on the ledge.

Blazing flames warps around his blade as Kyōjurō charges towards Satsujin. You marveled at how unbelievably fast he was! Clearly, a miraculous result of his excessive training, and yet, he still wasn't as fast as Shinobu.

"Hoho, coming after me, are you?!" Satsujin exclaims, as several tendrils of bloody sand came straight for him.

However, with his tremendous speed and agility, you watched in awe as Kyōjurō easily whipped and dodged the incoming tendrils─charging towards the vile demon with his blade aiming to kill Satsujin in one full slash.

His movements?! You immediately knew this form! Kyōjurō was using his first form: "Unknowing Fire!"

However, once he got close enough to land a hit, a wall of sand immediately shielded Satsujin from the upcoming attack!

"Nice try, Flame Pillar!" Satsujin grins wickedly as a single bloody tendril emerged.

"Kyō!" You could only watched in horror as it grazed his left arm and Kyōjurō quickly jumped back, in order to avoid taking anymore damage.

Blood streams down his now injured arm─staining his white haori in the process.

Rage courses through you at the sight of your lover now wounded and bleeding. Although, Kyōjurō didn't even seemed unfazed by being injured as he merely just shakes his arm.

Blood from his wound drips onto the ground and you examined intensely how it seeps into the soil below him. The liquid sand bubbles like water as if lapping at it greedily.