one hundred four

May 2nd, 2001

Beatrice knew that she shouldn't have gotten her hopes up.

She knew that having her guard down would make the fall hurt more once it came.

But she put them down anyway.

And she knew she would come to regret it.

And the day for regrets had finally arrived.

Everything had been perfect since after the wedding.

The honeymoon stage of their marriage wasn't close to be over anytime soon.

The months had flown by in an instant since the second Fred and Beatrice got married.

The Order was advancing, finally having an advantage over Voldemort as the horcruxes keeping him immortal were destroyed little by little.

Dumbledore had destroyed a ring before his murder at the hands of Theo and Aster.

Ron and Harry destroyed Salazar Slytherin's locket with the sword of Godric's Gryffindor.

And now, the golden trio had been sent on the mission to find Helga Hufflepuff's cup and destroy it.

It was bound to end up in chaos one way or another.

Because after somehow managing to get inside Gringott's and escaping with a dragon, destroying the whole wizarding bank in the process, Harry had another vision of a Ravenclaw related horcrux hidden deep inside Hogwarts.

And that is exactly where Beatrice found herself now.

Hiding in the room of requirement with Order and Opposition members, along with younger students still attending the school.

She was sitting on Fred's lap, his chin resting on her shoulder as they sat with the Weasleys.

Fred could feel Beatrice's heart beating out of her ribcage, he was no better.

He knew she could defend herself probably better than the vast majority of the people waiting in the room of requirement for the signal, but that didn't mean he wasn't terrified of something happening to her.

He noticed Beatrice kept staring at Amelia, the latter who was impatiently pacing around the room by herself since Harry had left to look for the diadem with Luna to the Ravenclaw common room.

The tension could be sensed in the atmosphere.

Every single person in that room knew what was to happen.

The battle that could change the course of the war to their favor, or possibly end it all and them in the process.

But not fighting wasn't an option. Not for Fred at least.

Yet the only thing in his mind, was Beatrice.

Beatrice and the what if something happened to her.

He wouldn't make it through. He wouldn't be able to survive it.

Neither would she if the roles were reversed.

The past six months had been too good to be true anyway.

Neither of them knew nor imagined what was truly waiting for them at the end of the tunnel.

His arms were wrapped around her waist, wanting nothing more than to feel her impossibly close to him.

The grand clock in the room of requirement ticked again and again, the dreadful sound ricocheting through the walls as they all seemed to hold their breaths in wait for the signal.