forty-four

Triggering content, viewer discretion advised.

Fred and Beatrice both kept their promises.

To the best of their ability at least.

Fred had promised to be safe, but didn't exactly apply it when dueling death eaters in battles and missions.

Bea had promised to be careful and watch her surroundings more closely, which she indeed wasn't doing since she went into the Leaky Cauldron everyday alone at night for dinner.

Nearly two months had gone by since Fred had gone into hiding with the Order in Number 12 Grimmauld Place and he was hating it with everything in him.

He had to share a room with George, Ron and Harry which didn't was as fun as it sounded. He had luckily gotten out of sharing a room with Percy since Charlie had sacrificed himself to let the twins stay together.

Charlie, Percy, Oliver and Lee were bunking together and so were Amelia, Hermione, Ginny and Luna. Bill and Fleur moved to Shell Cottage to be closer to the Order and Fred could safely say he envied his oldest brother with everything in him because he had his own space and didn't need to be around too many people at any given time of the day.

Every day at six o'clock, no matter where Fred was a large silver three headed snake appeared from thin air, circled around him for a second and vanishing as if it was never there in the first place.

At ten past six every day, a laughing silver hyena appeared next to Beatrice and nuzzled her cheek with its snout before vanishing a moment later.

Knowing that each other was safe and well enough to send a patronus at the times they had established became their only comfort in cold lonely nights.

Beatrice slept every single night in Fred's shirts or jumpers, burying her nose in them until his still lingering scent lulled her into sleep. If she hadn't been so utter and irrevocably in love with him, she would have found the hyena plushy incredibly childish. No one but her brother and sister knew that Beatrice was never allowed to have stuffed animals because of their mother and Fred's small gesture was her very first one.

To try and distract her mind of Fred being in possible danger, Beatrice found solace in the thing she knew she did better than anyone else. From the moment she opened her eyes, she stayed in the workshop carving new wands and continuing her research in phoenix feather cores.

Music was loudly playing from her record player as she wrote down more possible hypothesis to why phoenix feather core wands could sometimes act by their own accord when the small bell on the shop's door rang, letting her know that there was customer.

"One moment!" she called out loudly and stood up from her chair.

Just like every time she left the workshop, Bea tripped on the loose wooden step and almost fell down, cussing under her breath and repeating what she said every single day. "Fucking hell, I have to get that fixed."

She went into the main part of the shop, not bothering to take her wand with here since she was too lazy to look for it. She noticed that a tall man with dark hair was inspecting wand boxes with his back turned on her.

"Sorry for the delay," Bea cleared her throat and took a quick glance at her watch. "We will be closing soon enough so what can I help you with sir?"

The man slowly turned around and she immediately caught onto his handsome features. She assumed that he was on his mid thirties by his appearance. He had grey eyes with blue undertones and a certain compelling coldness to them. His jawline was sharp and complexion slightly familiar but she couldn't exactly recall seeing him before.