twenty-six

Triggering content, viewer discretion advised.

Maintenance.

Being together most days. Getting to know each other even more on a daily basis.

Realizing that one's partner isn't perfect.

Noticing that one's partner is flawed and human.

The pink glasses that make everything look picture perfect come off. They come off and make us see reality.

Either we want it, or not.

*****

Fred woke up that particular Sunday morning later than usual. He was never one to wake up late. He loved the mornings and the sun.

Beatrice on the other hand, absolutely loathed them. She hated the sun and the warm weather.

She felt comfortable in the endless dark of the night sky. She felt safe when rain was heavily pouring and lightning was brightening the dark grey sky.

She felt at home in the cold silent nights. The cold silence that made her feel like the only living soul in the planet.

Fred squinted his eyes at the rays of sunshine coming through the wide window of his room. He noticed that the bed felt cold and empty due to the fact that Beatrice was no longer sleeping next to him, like how he had become accustomed to in the past couple of months.

He got up from the bed yawning and stretched his arms before throwing on a pair of grey sweatpants which hung loosely from his hips showing his v-line.

He opened the door and stepped out of his room, only to be met by a cloud of grey smoke coming from the kitchen along with a foul smell.

"Shit shit shit," Beatrice groaned as she managed to control the small fire she had caused with the aid of her wand, not noticing that a certain redhead was watching in her complete amusement.

"Note to self, never cook again," she closed her eyes and rubbed her temples when a chuckle finally startled her.

"Morning," Fred grinned and hugged her from behind, kissing the back of her neck.

"Did I wake you up?" Bea turned around to face him and pushed his hair back from his forehead.

"No, but the smell of my kitchen burning did," Fred teased and pecked her lips lovingly.

"I'm sorry, I was going to try and surprise you with breakfast but I guess it just didn't work," her cheeks tinted pink from embarrassment as she hid her face on his bare chest.

"I think maybe we can go out somewhere and have a decent stack of pancakes," he tilted her chin, heart melting at the simple sight of her bright blue eyes. "What do you say?"

"I think that that, sounds better rather than trying my charcoal attempt of those and get food poisoning," she smiled.

After taking a shower together, the couple walked hand in hand towards the small café in Diagon Alley that they frequented mostly during the afternoons for a very much needed pick me up cup of coffee or tea.

They were sat at the small terrace having breakfast when the sky's shade caught the brunette's attention.

"Don't you think it's odd that the weather is still cold and it's mid-June?" Bea asked Fred.

"I hadn't actually payed attention to that love," he shrugged.

"I have," Bea mumbled. "It's usually sunnier and warmer this time of the year but the sky has been grey and gloomy for summer."