eighty-four

"Bea, can you hear me?" a feminine familiar voice tapped her arm gently.

Her whole body ached, but her head was especially killing her. Beatrice slowly opened her eyes, squinting and letting them adjust to the dim light before a face she now remembered well came into view.

"Hi Poppy," Bea's voice came out hoarse and raspy, a smile grazing her lips. "Long time no see."

"How are you feeling?" Poppy chuckled.

"Dizzy," Bea breathed. "And tired."

"Yeah, I figured," Poppy nodded and helped her sit down on the bed. "Listen, you've been having seizures so I'm going to give you a potion that's going to stabilize your brain activity and push it back to normal limits-"

"Where's Fred?" Beatrice questioned as she scanned the room and noticed that he wasn't there. He promised he would be there when she woke up. "How long have I been here?"

"Two days to be exact," Poppy replied. "And he's in a meeting, he'll meet you afterwards but Graham and Cedric will take you to your bedroom, is that alright?"

"Graham Montague and Cedric Diggory?" Beatrice raised her brows to stare at one of her oldest friends.

"Yes."

"We were friends with them," Bea mumbled. "I remember being friends with them."

"Yeah," Poppy sat on the edge and hesitantly took Beatrice's cold hand into hers. "So the potion that I'm going to give you is very powerful, so it'll have some side effects. It's one vial at morning when you have breakfast and one when you have dinner."

"What are the effects?" Beatrice frowned.

"You can bleed through your nose but nothing to really worry about, you will feel lightheaded and a little nauseous," Poppy explained. "Another one is disorientation which is the main one and you're gonna feel really cold and tired until you finish the doses."

"How many days?"

"Five," Poppy answered. "This will not only balance your brain activity, but it will also create this sort of protective barrier on the spots of your brain that are prone to be more affected with the seizures."

"Thank you," Bea sighed and rested her head on Poppy's shoulder, catching the other brunette completely off guard.

Beatrice had never been physically affectionate, with anyone really. Just Fred and occasionally Theo.

But never with her friends. Poppy didn't say anything, she swallowed the lump in her throat and rested her head on top of hers.

"I've instructed Fred to only feed you light meals," she said softly. "Loss of appetite is common but you still need to eat honey. Fred will take care of you and I will stop by frequently to see how your brain is doing."

"Okay," Bea said tiredly. "Did you know Fred and I were married?"

"I did," Poppy laughed lightly. "I was the maid of honor."

"You were?" Beatrice's head shot to the side to look at her friend with her mouth agape.

"Yes, and George was the best man," Poppy added. "It was a lovely wedding."

"I can't remember it," Bea whispered. "I can't remember falling in love with him either."

"You will, eventually," Poppy reassured.

"His daughter," Bea's voice cracked slightly. Poppy didn't know if it was from the dryness in her throat or if she felt the urge to cry. No one really knew what went through Beatrice Nott's mind. "She's also mine."