ninety-nine

AN: after the little stars is the continuation from chapter fifty-one and the following parts are flashbacks from everything that was "missed"

Beatrice saw it all.

Their whole story was there. All of it.

But she not only saw it.

Beatrice felt it all.

Every touch. Every tender kiss.

The feeling of loss and despair and loneliness when he left her for the very first time.

The feeling of fear and cold-blooded terror when a curse collided against his chest, causing him to almost bleed out in her arms.

The feeling of hope, of seeing him again before it was all crushed the moment a handsome man she hadn't seen before stepped into the wand shop.

The feeling of anguish as she was tortured again and again by her mother, wanting nothing more than to die with the image of his charming smile and hypnotizing eyes flashing through her mind.

The feeling of safety when he came for her, because he always did. He had promised after all.

He had promised to always take care of her and always keep her safe.

The feeling of complete astonishment and love when he asked her to marry her on the early hours of her twenty-third birthday.

It was all there, all safely locked inside her head. 

No little detail dared escape. Beatrice saw and felt absolutely everything.

The good and the bad. The happiness and the sadness.

The feeling of being able to breathe after spending an eternity drowning when he was by her side.

She felt it all.

*****

September 23, 2000

After a night filled with lustful and loving kisses, gentle and not so innocent caresses, and plenty of 'I love yous' in between, Fred and Beatrice got ready for the day and headed down for breakfast.

Since it was already late, neither of them actually expected for the large kitchen and table to be filled with people eating and chatting excitedly among themselves. Beatrice sat in silence and smiled when Fred kissed her temple before making his way to serve the two of them plates.

She simply stared at him, unable to contain the wide smile plastered on her face.

That gave it away to everyone present.

Because Beatrice Nott didn't smile unless Fred had something to do with it.

And by the looks of it, everyone could see it was crystal clear something had happened between them the night before.

"You look happy," Remus pointed out with a kind smile.

"Am I usually not?" Bea raised her brows.

"Nope," Sirius teased. "Unless you and Fred did the deed the night before of course."

"I'm not answering to anything related to mine and Fred's relationship in that aspect," Beatrice said stiffly.

"Happy birthday Beatrice," Regulus placed a neatly wrapped package in front of her and went over to sit at his usual seat with a cup of tea in hand.

"Thank you Regulus," Bea smiled appreciatively.

"Blimey, I forgot," George said and ruffled her hair in a brotherly manner before taking a seat. "Happy birthday B."