eighty-three

Triggering and mature content, viewer discretion advised.

Late April, 2004

"I brought something that might cheer you up," Fred said in a sing-sone voice as he entered Beatrice's room late at night.

"How many times do I have to make myself clear?" Beatrice huffed. "I. Don't. Want. To. See. You."

"And I've come with a peace offering that I know you're going to love," he said teasingly and plopped by her side on the bed.

"Has anyone ever told you that you are the most annoying person that has ever set foot on Earth?" Beatrice asked annoyedly.

"Multiple times," he chuckled.

"We're not friends Fred," Beatrice rolled her eyes. "I don't like you-"

"No," he hummed. "You didn't like the younger version of myself, however I do know that you love mature me-"

"Love?"Beatrice scoffed. "I barely tolerate you, you insufferable twat."

"What about we fix our differences, with this?" Fred grinned and pulled out a large bottle filled with an amber liquid that made her mouth water.

"Ogden's Best," Fred whispered in her ear, making a shiver run down her spine. "Twenty-five years of aging, now how does that sound?"

"Fine," Beatrice said, trying to hide a small smile unsuccessfully.

"Now that's a good girl," Fred's breath fanned over her ear with his usual teasing tone.

"I'll hit you," Beatrice sang, eyes settled on his rough large hands and slender fingers as he unscrewed the bottle's cork.

Beatrice was about to grab the bottle as Fred extended it to her, and before her hand could wrap itself around it, he pulled it back giving her playful eyes.

"Answer me something first," Fred said, his eyes fixated on hers.

"What?"

"Do you really hate me Tris?" Fred smirked. "Or is there something down there in your cold black heart telling you otherwise?"

"No," she shook her head. "I'm pretty sure I do hate you."

"I think you're lying," Fred chuckled and handed her the bottle. "Have it your way then."

Beatrice took the first sip of the golden liquid she missed dearly. Sometimes, her brother would join her in the underground wing at Malfoy Manor where she lived and shared, with the purpose of having a much needed drink after a raid or battle.

Beatrice drank without a reason, she had no feelings and she had no memories. She did as she was told and never uttered a single word against instructions.

Theo drank to forget. Forget about the fact that even though Beatrice sat in front of him drinking, she wasn't really her.

There was a big difference between the person Beatrice used to be and the person she currently was.

Theo blamed himself for it, for the birth of Medusa. But he couldn't let his sister die.

He simply couldn't. So he drank watching her to forget.

"I've always hated the first sip," she winced after swallowing the burning liquid and handing him the bottle.

"I know," he chortled and took a large gulp, his face not twisting in discomfort like hers did. "I've always loved the first sip."