Two villains, one panic attack

I was on the quinjet for like two minutes and I was already hyperventilating.

"Oh my god", I said and put my head in my hands while sitting down in the glass cell, trying to feel the cold of the wall to relax. "This is the worst. The worst thing to happen. I didn't want this. I didn't want this at all."

Loki raised an eyebrow, looking a little distastefully at me. "... what?"

"Are they going to torture us?", I almost cried. "Please say no, I couldn't stand it, the idea alone scares me to death, I couldn't ... I won't ..."

Loki threw me another look before speaking again. "I ... don't think they will."

I lifted my head. "Are you sure? I mean, they are the good guys, but what if they kill us? What if they kill me? Or you? Or what if they make each other watch while the other gets killed? I shouldn't have started this world domination thing. This was a stupid idea all along ..."

Loki hesitantly got up to walk in my direction. "You ... throw all your plans out just because you have been captured?"

I spoke louder without noticing it, my voice shaking. "I am scared of pain! What if ... what if ..." A shudder ran over me. "I just wanted to be seen, having the powers of invisibility for all my life, you know ..." I disappeared and made myself visible again to show him. "And I wanted world domination. Of course, you made it in the news, too, but I wanted to try anyways. Maybe we could have even run it together. But now I am so scared!" Actual tears fell out of my eyes.

"Hey, hey, don't be so hard on yourself ...", Loki said quietly and crouched down before me. "I don't know how to handle crying people", he mumbled to himself, then he sat down next to me and put an awkward arm around my shoulders.

I continued to cry and leaned onto him, my sniffling resounding loudly in the cell.

"They won't torture us", Loki continued quietly. "Look, they are the good guys. They would ... uhm ... they would never do that. I understand that you are afraid of pain. I am, too."

I tried to smile at him while wiping my tears with my sleeve.

Loki smirked and winked at me. "Look, you are a young and pretty lady. If they would choose to torture someone, they would choose me."

"What?" The smile fell out of my face and the tears immediatly followed. "I don't want them to torture you!", I exclaimed and held onto him with both arms. I pulled him closer with a strong grip so that the leather of his armour crunched a little. "You are also beautiful and young and you shouldn't have to be scared ...", I cried.

"Oh my god", Loki mumbled and tried to carefully hug me back. "That was not what I wanted to ..." He sighed. "It was a joke, I am sorry, they won't do anything to anyone of us ... please calm down ..."

I continued crying for a few minutes, then, when nobody visited to hurt us, I regained some control. I sniffled and stopped shaking. Loki gave me a handkerchief he summoned. I used it thankfully.

"That is very nice of you", I said while he let the handkerchief disappear.

"Not a problem", Loki smiled. "Now, do you want to tell me about you? I mean, I only heard the news, but who is the human being behind that?"

I chuckled. "You want to distract me."

Loki smirked and said nothing, he only raised a questioning eyebrow.

I returned his smile and cuddled in a more comfortable position on top of him. "So, my real name is (y/n) ..."

And I spoke and spoke. Just because I knew he was distracting me from the panic it didn't mean it didn't work. I slowly relaxed, and as it became darker and more quiet, I finally fell asleep.

I woke up and knew I only had been sleeping a few hours. My face felt slightly damp and I blinked. My arms were still tightly around Loki. As I looked up, he blinked back.

"Didn't you get any sleep?", I asked concerned.

"Darling, I don't need as much sleep as midgardians. It's okay."

"Okay." I smiled and cuddled deeper into his armour. "You are very comfortable."

"Hm. Usually people tell me I am 'sexy' or 'hot'. But comfortable is okay too, I guess."

I let my glance wander over his face. "Can't relate."

"Well, usually when I get these kind of compliments, I am wearing less clothes."

I snickered. "It was a joke. I can see that you are hot from a mile away."

"Oh. Well that is encouraging."

"When I ask people if I am hot they usually say that they 'can't see me when I am using my powers' and I should 'stop joking'."

Loki chuckled. "You are actually pretty funny."

"Thanks. But ..." I looked up at him. "Maybe, just to proof it, you should take off some of your clothing so that I can judge correctly."

Loki smirked but shook his head. "If I start undressing, we will have someone investigating our cell in minutes. Sorry darling, I would have done it."

I sighed. "I understand. Guess I have to live with that little bit of skin you can show ..." And I kissed him.

_

And I knowingly missed the opportunity to call this one Panic! In the cell.