Cuddle me

I stare at the ceiling into the pitch black and debate with my inner self.
No, you shouldn't, I think.
But you had a bad dream, my thoughts continue. You need someone and it would be the perfect opportunity.
I take a breath slowly. No, you don't need him. You are just touch-starved.
Well, that is right, too. But what does it change? I want him. And if he sends me away, so be it.
I nod to myself and stand up. I don't turn on the light, I tiptoe through the dark Avengers Tower in my nightgown and open my door carefully. Oh gods, I think to myself. I am really doing it.
I go through the sparingly lit hallway and open the first door to my right.
"Uhm, L-Loki?", I ask hesitantly into the dark room.
"Yes", comes a rough mumble from the corner where his bed stands. It sounds like his face is buried in pillows.
"I, um, I had a bad dream, and I wanted to ask you ... wanted to ask you, if you could - I mean you don't have to - just - cuddle me?" I screw up my eyes and wait, listening to the silence filling the air. "Your door was the nearest", I add to explain.
"Stop looking for excuses, say that you want to be cuddled by me", Loki's voice reaches me. It is filled with a playful, maybe satisfied tone.
I feel how my cheeks get pink, even though nobody can see it. "Yes", I say quietly. "I want cuddles. Touch-starved, you know how it is ..."
A chuckle. Then: "Come here."
My heart beats faster and I sneak into Loki's room, softly closing the door behind me. My eyes are adjusting to the dark, so I can see silhouettes of things. Loki's hair and head is a dot of black, and I swear I can see him smirking. Or I am imagining it because I know that smirk so well ...
I wander to his bed, tug at my nightgown and slip under the covers. It is like a soft nest. I sink into the pillows and feel the warmth of the blanket immediatly. I cuddle into it and smile to myself. Now only one thing is missing.
"Loki?", I ask carefully. "Could you ...?"
"I just wanted you to ask again", I hear his voice next to my ear. "It is so amusing ... and cute." The last part sounds like it slipped off his tongue by accident.
I grin and slide in his direction. Then I feel Loki's arms wrapping around me and pulling me close, and it feels incredibly good. The butterflies in my belly make it harder to relax, but feeling his body against my back, his breathing, his warmth and his breath on my neck is pure heaven.
I turn around and snuggle up to his chest. He chuckles again, especially when I wrap my legs around him. I would have never imagined that I would be so bold ... but here I am. Cuddling with Loki.
His arms hold me tight, then I notice one hand slowly moving. Up and down my back go the fingertips, I shiver a little and he gives me a kiss on my forehead.
"You like that too", I murmur.
"Many people would say that I am a master at flirting. But I would say that you are a master in overlooking it."
My stomach feels like it is falling. Loki has been flirting with me in the past?
"I mean, I ... I like you too", I stutter.
I look up to him to discover he is looking right back into my eyes. I open my mouth to say something, but I realize there is nothing left to say. We just lean towards each other and ... kiss. It is a soft kiss, I mean Loki's lips are just surprisingly soft. So gentle and sensual, it baths me in a flood of positive emotions. I sink into his hug ... and feel like I would never leave it.