A walk and an emerald ring

Loki and I went for a promenade in the forest. I had just persuaded him to cut across country, he usually didn't do this because of practical and fashion reasons. Which meaned that he didn't want to make his outfit dirty or tatter it on a pricky shrub.
But today was different. I had a secret and I would reveal it not until the very end of our walk. I secretly had looked over the route we were about to take, just to make sure everything would go right.
"Were should we go, there or this way?", Loki asked and pointed in the directions. One way there was a little clearance, the other a rather dark fir forest.
"Maybe between them through the middle?", I responded. "We can see them both this way."
Loki nodded. We went further into the forest, and from the left a few sunrays shone through the leaves. On the right there was a whole other world without much sunlight, dead twigs and weird tree stumps laying under the firs.
Loki took my hand. I smiled and leaned onto him while we stepped through the underbrush. "You know, maybe this isn't so bad", he said as he saw a woodpecker flying away.
A loud scratch followed and the black jeans he wore got a little rip. A blackberry twine had been in the way. "Or it is", Loki sighed.
"You just have to adjust", I said. "Try to step on them, then they can't hurt you."
"I tried that with various people and it never worked", he replied and shook the twine off.
I laughed. Loki smirked and took my hand firmer. He bend down to my ear. "Good thing in here is, nobody can hear you scream."
I blushed and the red colour crept up to the very tips of my ears. "Or you."
Loki grinned and looked up. "I like the way you think."
We wandered further down the route I secretly chose beforehand. It didn't take us too long to hear the bubbling of water and we soon saw the little river. Loki and I strolled along the riverside until we sat down on a tree trunk. We watched the river flow by in silence, then I cautiously started the conversation.
"You know I love you", I said.
Loki turned his head. "Yes. And I love you too."
I smiled and continued. "We are the good side of the other one when one of us can't seem to find it in themselves. And when someone tells us that our good side doesn't exist, we don't really hesitate to switch on the bad side to avenge the other." I took Loki's hand again and his green eyes seemed big. Did he suspect something? "We know each other for so long. We trained together, we fought together and we even faked our death together once." We both smirked at the memory. "So do you ... will you ..."
My sweating hand reached into my pocket and I pulled out a little box. I kneeled in front of him on the simple forest ground. "Will you marry me?"
Loki's hands were over his mouth. He stared at me, and I saw surprised and touched that tears formed in his eyes. He took a moment to process everything.
Then he awakened out of his frozen state. "Yes", he whispered. "Yes, I will!"
I beamed and watched him take the golden ring with the emerald to put it on his ring finger. He then jumped up and lifted me up in the air, he laughed and a tear found its way down his cheek. Loki cuddled me and I cuddled back. Now I was crying too.
"I love you", we whispered over and over. "I love you, I love you, I love you."
_

This is the request of mek_fanfics. I hope you like it. Have a nice weekend, everybody!