Bad dreams

It didn't expect it to be a mistake to watch the first Thor movie before I went to bed, but it was. It was around 3 am in the Avengers Tower, and I was crying my eyes out in my sleep. Bad dreams haunted me, young Loki chasing me with his daggers while screaming 'I will do the same to you as I have done to Thor!'
I rolled over in my bed, fingers clinging onto the blanket, me still asleep. I screamed.
One of the Avengers knocked on my door. "(Y/n), are you okay?"
I didn't wake up. "No, no, please stop chasing me ...", I sobbed.
"(Y/n), I am coming in", the Avenger said. I still didn't answer and he entered my room. It was Loki. The Loki of today, who meant me no harm in any form.
I screamed again and jumped up in my bed, opening my eyes. "Who is there?", I whispered, my voice cracking.
"Shh, it's me", Loki said and with a shimmer of green magic the lamp on my nightstand went on.
I screeched and pulled the blanket up to my chin. "Don't hurt me. I haven't done anything, please - where are your daggers?"
"What are you talking about?", Loki asked and came closer. "They are on my nightstand, as they always are when I am trying to sleep. You ... you are having a bad dream, right?"
I still held the blanket up, but my tired brain began to process what was happening. I began to cry again. "I am sorry, Loki ..."
"Hey, it is ..." Loki watched me, unsure of what to do. "May I come closer?"
I sniveled and nodded.
He stepped over to my bed, closing the bedroom door behind himself. As soon as he was close enough, I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his hip.
Loki stood still for a second and then embraced me awkwardly, in a way that showed he was not used to doing that.
"You can- here", I said and moved over to make space for him.
"Oh, thank you", he responded and sat down.
I nodded again and wiped a tear off my cheek.
"What did you dream about?", Loki asked. "If you speak about it, it might seem less bad. Sometimes dreams lose their frightening appearance and become just weird when you say them out loud."
"Are ... are you sure?", I said. "I watched Thor 1 before bedtime, and ... well, you made it into that dream."
Loki smirked a bit. "I want to hear what I had to do in your dreams."
I sniveled and chuckled at his tired attempt to flirt. "If you want."
"Well, I want you to feel better", Loki said, now smiling lightly.
"Okay", I said and took a deep breath. "So ..." I explained my dream, and while I did so, I started to cry again. When I was finished, my head lay in his lap, my tears wetting his clothes. "I am sorry, Loki", I said with a slight hiccup.
He stroke my hair. "It's okay." He sighed. "The actions of my past weren't good, you are right. But I can promise that I will never hurt you. Never. Not even in my dreams."
I looked up into his green eyes. "You dream about me?"
"Sometimes", Loki smiled. "And we do things you could never imagine."
"Tell me about them", I said. "And ... lay down. It has to be uncomfortable to sit there."
Loki chuckled and layed down next to me. I felt his arms wrapping around me, my back was against his tummy.
"So, my latest dream about you ...", I felt his velvety voice next to my ear.
I giggled a bit and hugged his arms.
"It began like this ..." And Loki started to tell the stories. He talked with me until deep into the night, telling me about his dreams, about golden palaces, lost worlds and a cute couple walking through beautiful gardens.

-

So, yesterday I saw Thor 1 the first time. It has its peaks to be in love with the character before watching the film, it is surprising and beautiful in some way. But despite I know that it is getting better, it hurt that Loki was evil. Heck, the guy tried to kill his brother. This oneshot is me trying to cope with that, and I have to say it worked pretty well :) I hope you liked it, let me know your thoughts in the comments! Have a lovely day!