A little sad

"I am a little sad, (y/n)", Loki groans and stretches out on the armchair.
I look up from the book I am reading and smile softly at him. All the other Avengers are out of the Tower and only we are left, sitting in the living room. "Why are you sad, Loki?"
"I dunno", he mumbles. "Sometimes you are just sad without a reason, you know? It's like ... sometimes I think about my mother. Or my family as a whole. Or something entirely different. Just ... melancholy." He stares at the table top of the coffee table between us.
"Aw dear", I say and put my book away. I stand up and walk over to him. "It's okay to feel that way. We all carry around feelings that sometimes resurface, or little things in life that make us unhappy. It doesn't help being a god, it happens to all of us. Because we all carry something god-like in our soul. And we all are vulnerable." I sit down on his lap and cuddle to his chest. "I feel melancholic sometimes too. But you know what helps me?"
Loki looks down on me, touched, with a cute, understanding shadow in his eyes.
"A little Loki always helps", I smile and bury my face in his chest.
I feel his small laugh in the way he is breathing. Then, after a quiet moment, a droplet falls on my chin.
I look up. There it is, a tear rolling down from the god of mischiefs cheek.
He blinks and a rose colour creeps up his cheeks, he tries to brush the tears off. "Sorry, I ..."
"Don't be sorry", I whisper and grab his wrists so his tears can run freely. "It is okay to cry. I was never fond of this strict Asgardian education methods, and you don't have a god of therapy walking around, do you?"
Loki lets out a shaky chuckle and shakes his head.
"See? With all the fighting, your emotions go short. With me you can feel all the feelings you want." I smile at him.
Loki cups my cheek in one hand and smiles back while the single tear falls on the black leather of his armour. "You are so beautiful", he murmurs and examines my face. "So so beautiful."
Suddenly I have a familiar burning feeling in my eyes and I lay my head on his chest again. "Thank you.", I answer. "You too."
_

lokis_kolaj requested an extra fluffy oneshot, and I think I tried my best in this one. It went in entirely another direction than I planned, and I have another, more happier and longer one unfinished in my drafts. I wanted to post that as the request originally. You can count that one (I will post it the next few days) to the request, in case this one here is not exactly what you imagined. Greetings to you and your great friends, I am happy to have such lovely readers!

Also, I found it hard to post anything at all because my emotions are pretty much busy. I fell in love with a friend, and they didn't like me back. She is female, what makes all that more complicated. I also have difficulties with another friend over something entirely different and I have some problems in my family what makes it not easier. So my feelings are occupied with that and it is hard for me to make room for Loki.
But don't worry, I still love him with all I have and will get into writing again soon!

Love, Evy.