Body painting

"Wow, I didn't know you draw!", I exclaimed and walked through the living room.
It was a nice training-free afternoon in the Avengers Tower, and everybody was happily using their leisure time. While Tony and Steve were baking in the kitchen, Clint listened to music and I chose to annoy my crush. Loki was loosely laying on the sofa and had a block and a pencil in his hands.
Now he looked up at me. "Well, that's probably because I am usually not walking around telling people that."
I hopped onto the sofa next to him. "Can I look at it?"
Loki held his clipboard closer to his chest. "No."
I catched a look at his smirk. "Are you just teasing me or are you worried I could judge you?"
Loki opened his mouth, thought for a second and remembered I am pretty good at telling when he lies. He sighed and showed me the clipboard, without being able to hide a hopeful glimmer in his eyes.
I looked down and saw a very realistic sketch of the living room. It looked amazing, the shadows were precise and the textures of things like the armchair worked out in exact detail with fine lines. On the second look I noticed his art style, some edges or marks had a comic-like appearance.
"Wow ...", I said in wonder. "I expected it to be good, but I didn't think it would be that high-level. This really is amazing. Do you have drawing lessons at Asgard?"
He chuckled. "No, we don't. I just practiced over the few hundred years I spent there."
I examined the drawing again. "And it really paid off!"
Loki smiled. "Thank you."
I smiled back and admired how good he looked, even on a casual day like this. His black hair going below his shoulder, and his clean, pale skin ... I stopped my thoughts as I noticed an amused shimmer in his eyes.
"Is something wrong?", he smirked.
"Oh", I responded, "uhm, no, nothing. Do you, uh, did you do something to your hair today?"
"No", he answered, still looking at me like he knew something I don't.
"Okay", I said. I gulped and shifted in my seat. "You know, I have to get back to Tony and Steve ..."
He snickered and suddenly the heated atmosphere between us was gone. "Make sure that everyone gets some cookies when they are done. We don't want someone eat all of them like last time ..."
I grinned and leaned back. "Like who? You?"
"You", Loki gave back and poked me with the end of his pencil in the side.
I flinched. Loki frowned a little, then a smile stretched over his face. He reached out to me with the pencil again, but I dogded and stood up quickly.
"No", I giggled. "I have to go now."
He pouted and examined me, still with that provocative glittering in his eyes, but I left the living room and noticed how his glance followed me.
Out of his view, I took a deep breath to calm my pounding heart. I loved him, and I did enjoy his company, but on rare occasions like these he made me nervous. I couldn't point out what he did, but it was attractive and made me want to throw myself into a kiss. Usually I found it easy with him, but sometimes he had this irresistible pulling effect.
I shook my head and went to the kitchen to see if the boys still hadn't set the oven on fire. Not that they couldn't cook, but it was their first time cooking together. I stayed in the kitchen for a while and ended up scrolling through my phone. Instagram, then Pinterest ... I saw some crafting ideas, and then I saw a beautiful post about body painting. I stopped and looked at it. If only I knew someone who could draw ...
I jumped up. "See you later!", I called to Tony and Steve and rushed back to the living room. Loki was gone. I closed the door and ran excitedly up the stairs, through the hallway and to his room. I burst inside.
"Loki! Could you do a - oh, sorry." As I peeked inside, I saw him flinch and drop a part of his armours he was sorting.
"You could at least knock", he grumbled and bowed down to pick it up.
"Sorry", I repeated. "I just wanted to ask you something."
He sighed, pretending to be annoyed. "Come in. You can ask me whatever you want." He paused, frowning. "It depends if I want to answer, though."
I chuckled and sat down on the edge of the bed. "So ... I saw a post about body painting. Maybe you could ... make one on me?"
Loki raised his eyebrows and turned around. "You want that? You do realize that I would have to touch you quite a lot, right?"
"Oh, I dont mind", came the quick answer from me.
He smirked.
"Uhm, I mean, I don't have a problem with people touching me ...", I mumbled and blushed.
Loki let his glance rest on me, and I was sure he would decline. But suddenly his eyes lit up and he seemed to have changed his mind. "Sure. Where ... should the body painting be? I could imagine a lot of fitting places."
I didn't know what exactly switched, but there it was again, this tense atmosphere that made my heart beat faster. Was he really flirting? Or was that just a casual question? And why was he looking at me with that smirk again?
"Uhm, I didn't really think about that. Maybe on my back?", I asked carefully, looking up at him.
Loki nodded. "Okay, then. Sit down."
I smiled and sat down on the carpet, happy and excited. I watched him get brushes and paint, he lovingly spread the utensils in front of me. I picked my favourite colours and he promised to paint a motive I would like.
"I also have this for you, because I assume you don't want to get naked in front of me", he said.
That assumption was questionable, but I nodded.
Loki snapped his fingers and the clothing of my upper body changed. I now wore a robe that magically stuck to my front while my back was completely free. It was also quite comfortable and in a pretty green.
"Now, let's get started", he said.
He sat down cross-legged behind me and I smiled excitedly. It was hard to sit still already.
I heard him open one of the paint tubes and put paint on his brush. Then I felt the brush on my shoulder, and it went down my side to my hipbone, then up again.
Suddenly I felt the urge to flinch and bit my lip. Shit, that was not what I imagined. I closed my eyes when the brush went up again, still feeling that light but teasing tickling sensation. Then it poked into my side, and I really flinched this time. I giggled and looked behind me.
"Is there a problem?", Loki asked me with an indefinable smile on his face.
I examined him, and I had the gut feeling that he did do that on purpose. But I also really wanted to continue ... and maybe, deep down, I even liked him teasing me. Not that I would admit that, though.
"No, it's fine", I said and turned back around.
"Okay", he responded and continued painting.
The brush went over my back in big swirls, sometimes it felt relaxing, and then it returned to a particular spot that made my breath hitch again. Or it would get so close to my sensitive sides that I really had to resist laughing.
Sometimes, when I flinched despite trying not to, he leaned closer to my shoulder and said with an almost purring voice: "Is everything alright?"
And when I said "yes" he just went back to smoothly tickling me with this damned brush.
After a while (I had closed my eyes and tried to relax for the few seconds the feeling was actually pleasant), I heard him putting his brush aside.
"Are you finished?", I asked in consternation.
"No", he said, and I heard the smirk in his voice.
I opened my eyes and looked at him, and now there was definitly a mischievous shimmer in his eyes.
"It would be easier for the background I am painting right now if I would continue painting with my fingers, if that's okay."
I gulped and kind of stared at him. Shit, that would tickle. But I never had the chance of him touching me. Hell, it really was worth it.
"If you are not okay with this, we don't have to", Loki added honestly with a genuine smile.
"No no, it really is okay", I gave back, smiled and turned around again.
He chuckled deeply. "Good then. Keep still."
Goosebumps ran over me with these words. I closed my eyes again and tried to calm my pounding heart.
Soon, Loki's cool but not too cold fingertips gently spread paint over my back. I relaxed. It was almost like a massage and I began to breath deeper and to lean into his fingers.
Suddenly his fingertip quickly touched a particular spot. It tickled more than the brush and I flinched away from his hand.
Loki just tickled the same spot on my other side. I yelped and heard him snicker.
"Is something wrong?", he asked with a voice dripping of mischievous intentions.
"No-ho", I tried to say, starting to giggle because he kept moving his fingers quickly. "No, i-hit's fi-hine ..."
"Are you sure? Because it feels like you might be a bit sensitive", he teased and poked me in the lower ribs.
"Aah! No, it's fihihine, really-iih! It tickles!", I finally yelled and fell back into his arms.
Loki catched me before the wet paint could stain his clothes. "Oh, how inconvenient", he murmured into my ear, lips so close to my neck that it made me gasp. "You mean, if I do this ...?"
And he started to tickle me again, a little harder this time while I squirmed in his arms until I breathed out a 'yes' between the giggles. I looked up into his green, twinkling eyes.
"Hm", he responded. "But I can't keep painting if you move so much. Maybe ... should I restrain you?"
My eyes became big. No, that was too much. "Oh gods", I answered, flustered. "Sorry, I just ... couldn't you just be a little more careful?"
The evil sparkle in his eyes was replaced with an affectionate one. "Of course I can do that. Don't worry, you wont be bothered ... at least not too much." He winked and I blushed, turning around one last time.
Loki put more paint on his hands and continued to spread it over my skin. He really was more careful this time, if it tickled, it did only lightly and on the brink of making me flinch, but never too much. I relaxed again and became sensitive to every little stroke his fingers did. I practically melted into his hands and even moaned slightly sometimes. That made him chuckle and I felt like he really enjoyed his work.
When he took his hands off me, Loki leaned forwards so that his hair tickled me and kissed me softly on the fine line between my neck and my back.
"Thank you for trusting me", he whispered.
I smiled and turned around, feeling that the paint had dried with the kiss.
We got up and he unpacked another mirror so I could see my back in the one in his wardrobe.
The picture on my back was amazing, it showed a white swan gliding over a turquoise coloured lake, with mountains in the distance and a light purple blush in the morning sky. "Wow", I said quietly and moved a bit to see the picture from all angles.
"You like it?", Loki asked proudly. "I have seen that on one of my first secret visits on Midguard and it reminded me of you."
"I love it!", I exclaimed and hugged him.
He laughed and hugged me back. I looked up to him, and after small moment of staring into each others eyes, we kissed. Loki's lips were soft and his kiss lovingly and confident. Just the right mixture to give me butterflies.
"Would you paint on me again?", I blurted out after we departed.
The mischievous look was back on his face in an instant. "I would love to", he purred with an evil twinkle in his eyes. "But we have to get the paint off later, and I am pretty sure that to magical reasons only I will be able to do that, and with this thing." Loki raised his hand and a little bath brush flew from the ground into his hand.
My mouth fell open as I stared at it, and as I looked into his eyes I knew he had the same thought than I did: That would tickle.
_

A oneshot like this was requested by daddy_midas_. I hope you and you other people like it too! Sorry for taking so long. I now have more requests and more motivation to write again! ♡