Bored

I sit in front of my desk in the Avengers Tower and sigh. "It's not only that I can't see my friends because of corona", I talk to myself while watching my hand spin the pencil I should be writing with, "now I can't even go on missions because of the rising number of cases."
I lean back in my chair and look out the window, the view of New York I normally enjoy. Bored. I lift my feet, kick the desk and slowly rotate. "Uiieh", I say unenthusiastically.
A knock on my door and Loki comes in.
I look at him but do not bother to put my feet down or stop spinning.
"What's wrong?", he asks amused.
"Everything", I groan while giving myself another push. "I haven't seen my friends outside this tower in weeks, I spend too much time on the internet, nothing is important anymore, time feels useless and reality seems to decay into a big, sunny, stupidly average afternoon."
Loki walks over to me and sits down on the edge of my desk. "(Y/N), you sound like me on bad days. Normally you are the cheerful one of us."
"I knooow", I answer. "But it's like everything is ... useless. See, I don't even find another word for it. Not even my hobbys make me feel like I am productive. It's all just one big, sunny -"
"Yeah, yeah, I got it", Loki chuckles. "Maybe I know something that could help."
I stop spinning by putting my feet on the table and look up to him. "You could?"
He nods. "It gives your feelings a boost, you could say. I can make already existing feelings that sleep inside you stronger." Loki lifts his forefinger and a little green ball of light appeares at its tip.
"Try it, I guess", I say. What could go wrong?
Loki smiles and puts his finger on my forehead. Suddenly I feel very cold, then very hot and my emotions start to bubble. Happiness, a drop of sadness and after that excitement are running through me.
"Did it work?", he asks.
With the sound of his voice, a different feeling rises. I look at him, smile brightly, jump out of my chair and pull him into a tight hug.
Loki laughs. "Wow, don't squeeze me to death! No need to thank me!"
But the butterflies in my stomach and the growing thirst I feel make me sit down on his lap, wrapping my legs around his body, hugging him tighter.
"Don't you think this is a little close? Stark could come in", Loki says, but I hear the smirk in his voice.
I am in the mood to be brave and slide with my finger over the golden parts of his armour. "Don't you think you could use the boost for your feelings too? It feels good."
Loki smirks more as he sees the mischievous sparkle in my eyes. "I prefer to be in control, darling."
"I am in control." That isn't a lie, I feel perfectly clear, everything is just more ... intense.
"Besides, I can let my feelings loose without boosting them. I am a raging god after all." His green eyes are darting, and they do look like little burning fires. I love them.
I glance over his face that is so close right now, his smooth skin, his eyebrows, the eyes, his lips. "Well, are you?"
"Don't ever question that again", Loki answers and kisses me passionately.
I close my eyes and enjoy the feelings tingling over my body, especially with him hugging me back now. I just feel alive, safe and ... like I have a new lover.
And a freaking tongue in my mouth. By the gods, he is a great kisser.