55: One Step Closer

Start from the beginning

Red and golden eyes soon turned to you, that normal optimistic smile returning as Kyōjurō offered you his hand.

"Shall we, my love."

An "💢" mark soon appeared on your forehead as sexual frustration began to settle in from his sensual ministrations. A part of you really wanted him to continue; your neck tingling from the feeling and your nipples were perked.

Growling and gritting your teeth, you stood, "Y-you idiot! How dare you make me horny only to stop?!" You pouted.

Internally, you were relieved that he did stopped. Having sex inside a musty and dirty shrine that reeked of death with a demon hanging around, didn't sound like a great idea.

"Apologies my sweet flame. But I promise to make it up to you on our honeymoon." He chuckles.

You blushed; you'd almost forgot that your wedding day is approaching! You're one step closer to tying the knot and the thought of finally accumulating your love was making you excited.

But...

"Don't say such things. There won't be any honeymoon if we don't make it out of here alive!" You say, before grabbing his hand and examining it.

Thankfully, Wuying's pinyin-whatever mark was finally gone.

"So, don't go touching random things, okay?" You scold.

Kyojuro only nodded, "I won't, my love. From now on the only thing I want to touch, is you!" He beams.

You blushed even more, but your tsudere side revealed itself as you comically clunk him on the head─causing a bump the size of an orange to form on his head.

"Dummy."

Kyōjurō laughed fullhearty, feeling accomplished to be able to make you flustered, that he wanted to make you blush again. But in a far more different way and with a different setting.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ahem...seriously though, now was not the time for romance and dirty thoughts. You both still had a mission to focus on─via slaying the demon Satsujin, and saving the people of Yokohama Chinatown.

With that in mind, Kyōjurō put on a serious face and glanced at you, "alright, let's go kill Satsujin!"

─────────────────

You stayed close to Kyōjurō, holding each other's hands so the two of you wouldn't get separated again, as you both ran down the ever changing hallways.

Kyōjurō hacked and slashed through any of the shoji and fusuma doors that got in the way, clearing a straight and narrow path─making it easier to get through.

It didn't take long until you both came upon the final door. You immediately held your nose as a bizarre smell whiffed through the air.

It was strong with heavy metallic stench and wet earth.

Opening the door, both you and Kyōjurō were met with the intimidating sight of Satsujin sitting there waiting for you. On the ground was some kind of bright red soil that looked like planting soil you'd see in crop fields.

Except, there was something awfully wrong about this soil.

"Ah─so you'd finally made it!" The foul demon spoke, "I take it you two managed to kill my precious Wuying?" He laughs.

"Hahaha, oh well! She was useless anyways. Just a disposable doll. Luckily, women are expendable just like flowers, I could always replace her with something new."

Those hungry, burning red eyes slowly glanced towards you, "Wouldn't you agree, my dear?" He asks you.

You growled under your breath.

"But enough chitchat. I am eager to find out what flower you two would make?" Satsujin says.

A flower? Just what in the world was he talking about?

Your answer came when you'd felt the ground beneath you move.

"Kyō, the ground?!" You exclaimed.

You gasped as the soil began to liquefy, making your feet sink down into the ground.

Quicksand? No..this was something else entirely as you hissed upon feeling a sharp sting in your ankle.

"(Name)!" Kyōjurō exclaimed, before grabbing a hold on you and picked you up bridal-style.

You held onto him as he leaped over onto the nearest surface that wasn't the strange soil.

"You okay, my love?" Kyōjurō asks, putting you down. He glanced at your left ankle to see blood bleeding through your white tabi sock.

"There's something in the ground, Kyō." You say softly.