Chapter 20

"Consider yourself lucky," Lucas said while munching on a biscuit. "You'd be dead if I had got there even a moment later."

  Athanasia just stared at the tiny magician blankly.

  "Seriously. Why are these so good? Ask the maid for more when she comes in," Lucas continued, ignoring the princess entirely.

  "You're making yourself quite comfortable there, wizard," Claude commented.

  "I was given the best hospitality I've ever gotten after I had saved the princess, Your Majesty," Lucas replied with a sly grin.

  'Why don't you explain what you're doing here?' Athanasia thought.

  "Oh, yeah. Turns out your father isn't the son of Aeternitas?" Lucas asked. There were some biscuit crumbs around his mouth as he continued to eat the biscuits.

  Claude furrowed an eyebrow. "No? I'm not the son of Aeternitas," he answered. 'Aeternitas... He's considered to be Obelia's strongest and powerful emperor who wielded magic.'

  "Are you stupid? Aeternitas has been dead for over 200 years already," Athanasia told him.

  Raven whined as he tugged on Athanasia's green dress, gaining the girl's attention.

  The scene changed to Lucas standing in the spotlight proudly with folded arms, smiling triumphantly.

  'Everyone in the palace is looking at this moron as my saviour right now,' the princess narrated.

  Lucas just snorted at the princess' remark about him.

  'But there wasn't a single magician in this country that could heal me, or even tell what was wrong.'

  'That's really terrifying,' Jennette thought. 'The most knowledgeable of people who aren't able to figure out what had happened to Athy... thank goodness that the magician, Mister Lucas was able to arrive in time.'

  Ijekiel put his hand under his chin and was in deep thought. 'How did he manage to get to the princess in time? I know he can teleport... perhaps news of the suddenly ill princess had been spreading quicker than I thought?' He was still a child when this happened so he didn't know much about the severity of the situation until now.

  'In the midst of it all, this nut job showed up, claiming that he could heal me.'

  "But I did heal you," Lucas pointed out. "Also, I hope she knows that this 'nut job' is the one who saved you before you almost died. Talk about ungrateful..."

  'As a young, gifted magician.'

  Athanasia was brought back to the present. She looked at Lucas who was still enjoying the biscuits. 'Why is he acting all polite?' she asked in her mind.

  Lucas looked up when he noticed the princess staring at him. "What, you want some of this? Wanna trade?"

  Athanasia picked up Raven and hugged him close to her chest. "I don't want it! And I'm not trading!"

  "Even if that thing is the reason why you were like that in the first place?" Lucas asked.

  "What?"

  "You keep touching it like that, so the mana got absorbed back into your body and caused all this hullabaloo. It's rare, but it seems that your mana has a strong will to return to you. Or you just have way too much."

  'I see... her body is still considered too weak to handle such overwhelming mana,' Diana thought. She put a hand on her stomach. 'My dearest Athanasia could be a powerful magician if she wants to.'