Chapter 13

"Rise and shine, everyone!" Myra exclaimed energetically as she clapped her hands. "We have a lot of chapters to go through today so I hope you guys had a good rest last night!"

  Claude was the first one to wake up. He groaned as he fixed his messy golden blond hair. 'That was probably the most peaceful I've slept in a while,' he thought.

  Everyone slowly woke up in their own time. They all greeted each other good morning in a tired manner. They just woke up, after all.

  Myra waited until everyone was fully alarmed with what was happening around them and had their light breakfast. Myra had asked for the chefs to leave their breakfast in the screening room prior to this. After everyone was seated accordingly, the screen lit up brightly and chapter 13 began to play.

  The screen showed the title, 'Who Made Me a Princess' before it changed to Athanasia performing a curtsy to the emperor.

  "Thank you for inviting Athy to tea," Athanasia said with a smile on her face.

  Diana smiled like a proud mother. "My darling Athanasia, still cute as ever!" she giggled. "Ahh, what a good day to start the day isn't it, Claude?"

  "... I suppose you can say that," Claude mumbled.

  The emperor looked unimpressed and unaffected by the girl's cuteness, but behind him, Felix and some of the maids were absolutely enamoured by the princess' charms.

  "You should at least show some interest in the princess, Your Majesty," Felix said as he took a small bite of french toast, his breakfast for the day. 'Hmm, tasty.'

  Claude simply groaned at the knight.

  'How's that?' Athanasia thought. 'Aren't I cute?'

  Jennette smiled. "Aww, listen to how proud she sounds, Ijekiel!" she exclaimed.

  Ijekiel smiled back before politely. "Well, she is right. She is cute."

  'I even practised how to look cuter!'

  'She doesn't even need to practice. She's already cute without even trying.' Claude seemed to have realised what he was thinking and paused for a moment. '... Have I gotten ill perhaps?'

  Claude gave the princess no response. "Felix," he said. He walked towards the garden table, where they would be having their own private tea party.

  "Yes, Your Majesty?"

  Athanasia mumbled something inaudible as Felix helped her to her seat. Claude was already sitting opposite her.

  'Hmph, fine. What was I expecting anyway?' She pouted.

  "See, Your Majesty?" Felix pointed his finger at the screen. "You made Her Highness upset."

  "Felix, you better shut up before I make you," Claude threatened casually.

  Felix immediately closed his mouth. 'By the end of the day, I am still working under him,' he thought grimly.

  "Good morning, papa!" Athanasia greeted him again.

  "The young princess' dedication truly is something else," Anastacius said with a lazy smile.

  'Current time, 10 a.m..'

  'About a month ago, damn Claude changed our tea time to the early morning. Before, he used to call for me in the afternoon.'

  Lucas cocked his head to the side with curiosity. "But why the sudden change in schedule?" he asked, not expecting much of an answer from anyone in the room. 'Is it because he wants to hear her say good morning to him instead? Because if that's the case, then wow...'