Chapter 4

The screen first showed Athanasia who was crying out loud. "Waaaahhh!!" she cried.

  Lily burst into the room and rushed towards the princess. "Princess!" the nanny exclaimed before picking her up. "Why is my princess so upset?" she consoled the baby with a small smile.

  Athanasia sniffled as she nestled her head into Lily's warm body.

  "Maybe you feel hungry?" Lily smiled with uncertainty as she patted the princess' back.

  "No, she's crying because she just found she's going to get killed by her own dad in the future," Lucas bluntly responded. "Unless she does something about that, that is."

  'Lilian York.' 

  Lily's name appeared on the screen.

  Lily's head shot up. "Oh, I'm... getting an introduction?" she asked nobody. She wondered what will be said about her. She never thought she'd be someone important in Athanasia's life, for her job was to only be a nanny for her.

  'The only person from the book 'Lovely Princess' who claimed Athanasia was innocent.'

  "I would always stay loyal for the princess' sake, even if the whole world turned on her" Lily shifted in her seat to sit straighter. She was her nanny, after all. She intends to stick by the princess' side until the day she breathes her last breath.

  Diana smiled. She was glad that her daughter had someone loyal like Lily by her side.

  "... She's the only one who thought of the princess as innocent?" Jennette's voice wavered. Engulfed by even more guilt over something that happened in the novel, she sank in her seat. 

  "Even if you're also one of the few people who'd believe her innocence Lady Jennette, it's most likely that all of this went down while you're in some sort of coma," Anastacius said as some kind of throwaway comment. "You won't be able to defend her if you're still sick from being poisoned," he continued. Internally, he wished to roll his eyes. 'But even if she does say something, Claude would just ignore her. He didn't even hesitate to kill his biological daughter despite not having any concrete evidence.'

  'And for that, she also gets killed by the hands of Claude.'

  Lily's eyes widened slightly. "O-oh...," her words trailed off. She visibly shook in her seat.

  Felix's shoulders stiffened. The fact that she got executed by the emperor for that kind of reason greatly upset him. 'I wonder if I was close with the princess and claim that she's innocent...' He glanced at Claude for a moment. 

  'Would he kill me off like that as well?'

  Claude felt somebody glaring at him.

  It was Diana. Diana was the one who was glaring at him.

  'Despite being aware of the Ruby Palace incident, she still volunteers to become Athanasia's nanny...'

  Diana's eyes were shown on-screen before it changed to a full-body sight of her, dancing in front of the crowd, garnering the attention of many.

  'The reason was Athanasia's mother.'

  "Me?" Diana pointed to herself.

  Lily was shown on the screen, absolutely mesmerised by Diana's grace and beauty.

  'She always admired how Diana's spirit was as free as a bird.'

"That is true, haha," Lily chuckled to herself. "I never thought the princess would know about something like this. How embarrassing."