Special Chapter 3: April Fools Chapter

"Well, good evening duke," Anastacius greeted the silver-haired man who had entered the room with a polite smile. The fire blazing in the fireplace had created a warm ambience in the room. And for some odd reason, the royal who wore a lavender shirt that had a long v-neck that reached to his chest made the room feel even warmer.

  "One question," Anastacius spoke up first. "Why... is it called the April Fools Special?"

  "Uhh..." Myra glanced at Roger who was busy drinking the cocktail she gave him not too long ago for a few seconds before looking at Anastacius who also had a cocktail in his hand. Around his neck was the colourful flower lei she wore before. "Uhh... You'll understand eventually, Sir Anastacius," she said with a weak smile.

  For some reason, none of them trusted that smile.

  "You know, I find it quite hypocritical of you when you keep complaining about how I wear my robes almost every single day and yet here you are showing off your chest in front of Mister White," Claude pointed out while resting his head on the palm of his hand. He looked very classy when he drank his pina colada.

  "Again with the Mister White, Your Majesty?" Roger asked in an almost inaudible whisper while shaking his head. 

  Myra patted the duke's back. "There, there Sir Roger. I think it's a cute name for you."

  "... Cute?" Roger looked at her weirdly.

  "Well unlike you," Anastacius pointed at the emperor accusingly, "I only wear my revealing shirts when Jennette is not around. You just wear those robes for your own pleasure, unashamed if they somehow fall off your shoulders to show off your body."

  "That's the point of wearing robes! They're pleasurable to wear because they're comfortable."

  "Y-Your Majesty?" Felix squeaked when Claude glared at him while saying "Not a single word from you".

  '... So, my father has more of these shirts...,' Jennette thought while drinking her vanilla milkshake. 'Interesting...'

  Ijekiel placed his hand over his forehead. "And this is just the first few seconds...," he mumbled to himself.

  Roger closed the door behind him and glanced at Anastacius. He rolled his eyes at him, already used to that coy smile. "What are you doing here, Anastacius?"

  "I was waiting for you, of course," Anastacius replied.

  "This... feels like a very corny start to an erotic story," Lucas stated casually before slurping on his chocolate milkshake. 'Hm. Tastes better than I thought it would.'

  "An erotic story?" Ijekiel furrowed his eyebrows in slight annoyance. Why must he point that out loudly? Now the young lord felt like he could not bring himself to continue drinking his glass of strawberry milkshake. "Lucas, get your mind out the gutter."

  "I'm being honest here, man."

  "You..."

  Anastacius was about to say something but then Myra just chuckled nervously. He glanced at her when she told them "Oh, you're not that far off, Sir Lucas. Not that far off at all".

  To say that Anastacius and even Roger were a bit concerned would be an understatement.

  The seemingly innocent smile on Anastacius' face only made the duke even more skeptical. The duke tilted his head in to show that.

  "It's been quite difficult to reach you these days," Anastacius continued casually. He leaned back further into the sofa he was sitting on. "You're either working hard, locked up in your office all day long, or..." He gave the duke a short glance. "... Or spending time with your son."